Author Topic: KER(R) Burials - Dalton  (Read 1498 times)

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
KER(R) Burials - Dalton
« on: Tuesday 19 June 07 12:30 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me with records of Ker or Kerr family members buried in Dalton parish kirk ?. Particularly pre 1855, of course not excluding 1855 onwards thank you Stoop.

Offline ScottishAncestry

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kerr m. i.@Dalton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 June 07 12:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,

They have the Dumfriesshire MI books at the local library, which Kerr's are you looking for?

Emma

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kerr m. i.@Dalton
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 June 07 13:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Emma, Iam looking for one Thomas Ker died March 1829 and his parents George Ker and Margaret Harkness thanks for your information Emma regards Stoop.

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
KER(R) Burials - Dalton
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 June 07 13:31 BST (UK) »
I have only just realised that reading the will of T.K more closely that he actually died in March 1829 and that his will was not processed until 1838 . Why would there have there been such a time lapse?. Apologies to all those peopl who responded to my topics on Thomas Ker with incorrect details.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: KER(R) Burials - Dalton
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 03 July 07 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Stoop,

I am wondering if you have any info on George and Margaret?

I have a Janet Kerr/Ker who married Joseph Jardine. They emigrated to Canada. There is a book on Jardine's, published in America, info from it says that Joseph Jardine was born in 1767 at Eccelfachen and that he married Janet Kerr in 1792.

Janet may have been born in Torthorwald, Dumfriesshire.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline stoop

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 July 07 13:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Jamjar, Unfortunately the particular Kerrs I was researching have turned out to be related to me at least at this moment, the people you refer to I do not recognise. However if it changes I will let you know. Regards Stoop

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 03 July 07 14:58 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the prompt reply. One just has to keep searching.  :'(
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline kojak

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 14 July 07 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Stoop,

This photo was taken back in June - sorry I completely forgot to post it until now.

Im not even sure if the grave below is of the same family (but I'd imagine it is) but its of a John Ker in 1752 - do you know George Ker's father's name?  The year of John's death might well tie in with what you ahve as far as George and Thomas' own deaths are concerned.  Have you checked the mortcloth records at National Archives in Edinburgh?

I couldnt find any tombstones for your George or Thomas, sorry.

Jak
Green, Gibson, Ross, Telfer, Pattie, Jardine, Hay, Kennedy, Dickson, in Dumfriesshire esp Applegarth, Lochmaben and Kirkcudbright

Thom, Raeburn, Grant and Allan (Mainly Banffshire - 16th-19th century but also old Aberdeenshire) as well as having an interest in Cruickshank (in Banffshire circa mid 19th century)
Cormack & McBain in Ross and Cromerty and Banffshire/Aberdeenshire pre 20th century

McClelland, MacNeill (Argyll, Scotland and Northern Ireland), MacCully, Carson, Northern Ireland