Author Topic: MORROWS 1884  (Read 2141 times)

Offline sicknote

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MORROWS 1884
« on: Tuesday 19 June 07 19:17 BST (UK) »
I AM LOOJING FOR INFORMATION ON A JOHN MORROW AND MARGARET WRIGHT WHO MARRIED 0N THE 17 APRIL 1884 AT AHOGHILL CO ANTRIM. I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT THERE DATE OF BIRTHS JOHN WAS BRN ABOUT 1860 SON OF MATTHEW MORROW AND NANCY MURDOCH,AND MARGARET WAS BORN ABOUT 1864 DAUGHTER OF ROBERT WRIGHT AND SARAH ANN KYLIE.

THEY HAD A DAUGHTER MARGARET WHO WAS BORN ABOUT 1885 WOULD ALSO LIKE TO FIND HER DATE OF BIRTH.
Welch, robinsons,rogers,beson from durham
paterson,lanarkshire
morrow,co antrim
mckay,co cavan

Offline maryderry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: MORROWS 1884
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 June 07 23:22 BST (UK) »
hello sicknote, could find anything on john morrow or margaret wright, but may have found some of their sibs.
birth. BIDDY MORROW 19-11-1864. BORN CLOGH,ANT,IRE. parents. MATTHEW MORROW & ANN MURDOCK.

i could'nd find anything under KYLIE but i think it might be WYLIE.

marriage. MARGARET WYLIE TO ROBERT WRIGHT 24-6-1852. CRAIGS, ANT, IRE. fathers ROBERT WRIGHT & THOMAS WYLIE.

births.  THOMAS JOHN WRIGHT 18-8-1864.  MARY ELLEN WRIGHT 22-9-1867.  UNNAMED WRIGHT FEMALE. 4-3-1870.  ALL BORN.  AHOGHILL, ANTRIM, IRELAND.   parents. ROBERT WRIGHT & MARGARET WYLIE.

regards mary.

doolin?
quigley- hasson. stewart. lynch. doherty gallagher-derry
mclaughlin-  brennan .moville co. donegal
mctaggart
monaghan

Offline sicknote

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 June 07 08:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Maryderry

I think you may be onto somethig.I am wondering if Biddy might be betsy,as i have a betsy morrow born around the same time.

I had a look at the death certificate for margaret morrow (wright) and the mothers maiden name is wylie.So the unnamed child might be Margaret.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to help me out,it is very much appreciated.   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

paterson,lanarkshire
morrow,co antrim
mckay,co cavan

Offline MEJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 July 07 22:06 BST (UK) »
John Morrow is actually William John Morrow who married Margaret Jane Wright (born on 18 September 1863) on 17 April 1884 at Trinity (2nd Presbyterian) church, Ahoghill. 
Their child Margaret was born, I believe, in Scotland.  I have a date of birth as 7 February 1885 but cannot for the life of me remember where I obtained this information. 
I do know Margaret Jane Wright had a brother Joseph born 27 March 1853 as he was my ggrandfather.  She had brother Thomas John born 18 August 1864, sister Mary Ellen born 18 September 1867, sister Grace born 16 March 1870, and I believe another brother called Henry but have no further information about him.
The message about Kylie being Wylie is correct.
Hope this information helps.
Wright, McMaster, McIlvenna, McCartney, Hand, Worthington, Ash, Brown

Offline sicknote

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 July 07 08:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Mej
 Thanks for the information on John and Margaret. ;D

I have checked for their daughters,Margaret's birth at New Register House but can not find anything.The reason that I suggested that she was born in Ireland was that she first appeared on the 1901 Census and she is down as being   born in  Ireland.She then married Thomas Scott on the 3 March 1905,and she died on the 6 June 1937.

The first Cencus that I have for John and Margaret is the 1891 Cencus.They have a son Robert also born in Ireland abt 1888 and he was 3 yers old.then their was matthew how was born 16 march 1889 in Harthill,Lanarkshire.

Do you have any idea when they moved over to Scotland.
paterson,lanarkshire
morrow,co antrim
mckay,co cavan

Offline MEJ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 29 July 07 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hi
Margaret Morrow born 1885 was baptised as Maggie not Margaret - now I know where I got her date of birth - seen it, 7th February 1885, and baptism dated 26 July 1885 at 2nd Presbyterian Church (Trinity) Ahoghill - no. 2240.  Information on baptism record states Maggie born in Scotland.  Also seen marriage record of William John Morrow and Margaret Jane Wright, date 17 April 1884, page 18, no. 35, 2nd Presbyterian Church (Trinity) Ahoghill.  William John's residence at time of marriage was Harthill, Scotland.  Suggestion?  - married then moved to Scotland, returned for baptism of daughter Maggie and went home again.  By the way, witnesses to marriage were Joseph Wright and Mary Ellen Wright.
Wright, McMaster, McIlvenna, McCartney, Hand, Worthington, Ash, Brown

Offline sicknote

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 July 07 08:12 BST (UK) »
Hi

I was on scotlandspeople last night and I can not find a birth for maggie in Scotland. >:(

Do you know were Robert was born as the Cencus states that he was born in Ireland  abt 1888,as Ican not find a birth for him in Scotland either. >:(

John and Margaret's other children are  ;)

Matthew born 16 march 1899 in Harthill--Minnie born 17 sept 1891 she married John Scullion 6 June 1913 in Harthill and died  19 sept 1913 3 months after she was married. Agnes  Born 25 june 1896 in Harthill----John born 26 may 1898 in Harthill---Sarah McIntyre morrow born 24 july 1900 in Harthill-- Joseph Born 4 sept 1901 in Harthill.

Margaret Wright died on the 24 Sept 1934 at 19 Colt Terrace Coatbridge and John Died 16 april 1907 in Harthill.
paterson,lanarkshire
morrow,co antrim
mckay,co cavan