Author Topic: Thomas FALLA Parish Record Lookup - Berwick  (Read 12640 times)

Offline 37christine

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas FALLA Parish Record Lookup - Berwick
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 05 May 11 14:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks Janis
I have looked for Sarah Falla (witness).   I wondered if this could have been his mother?   I would need to go back through my records.   I didn't find her.   The Sarah Falla born also to Andrew and Hannah died when she was young (if my memory serves me right).
There was a Sarah Falla later on the census but she wasn't born at the time of Selby's marriage.
No-one seems to be coming up on any records with siblings for Selby Falla, just children of Selby.
There are lots of Falla's over the border in Lillisleaf, Roxburgh too.
I will have to get my thinking cap on again and see if I can come up with any relevant family members.
Appreciate your help
Best wishes
Christine

Offline byker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas FALLA Parish Record Lookup - Berwick
« Reply #28 on: Monday 04 January 16 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Found this..
The Newcastle Courant, Saturday, 17 September, 1785
To Be SOLD or LET immediately.
All the improvable Freehold Estate, called Stand the Lane, situated in the parish of Kirknewton, in the County of Northumberland, consisting of near 500 acres of good arable, meadow, and pasture land, remarkable for the breeding and feeding sound sheep, and lying in a fine sporting county, conveniently situated for markets, being not more than 17 miles from Berwick upon Tweed, 10 miles from Wooler, 8 from Kelso, 5 from Coldstream, and about 2 from Yetholm; an pays only 2s. in lieu of all tythes and claims of the church whatever. - Thomas Falla, the Shepherd on the premises, will show the same; and for further particulars, applications must be made to Wm. Charleton, Esq; at Alnwick, John Davison, Esq; at Lanton, or Messrs Davidson, Newcastle. 
Bye - Suffolk, Durham, Northumberland
Currie - Cumberland & Northumberland
Stewart - Durham (Isaac Stewart)
Francis - Ireland & Durham
Falla - Northumberland (Selby Falla)
Smith - Aberdeenshire (Erskine Smith)
Gardner - Ireland (Singleton Gardner)