Author Topic: Attenborough-Belper or Stapleford  (Read 1203 times)

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
Attenborough-Belper or Stapleford
« on: Wednesday 20 June 07 08:48 BST (UK) »
While i await a marrige cert copy,, as anyone ref. to a Sarah Atennborough, b. c. 1835, date calculated from 1861 cen. she married, John Bacon,b.1833, Belper, they m.  2nd Qtr. 1854, vol 7b Pg. 717, i thought i found her as the daughter of William & Ruth, but on "familysearch", i think that that Sarah is shown marrying Benjamin Rodgers, 29/11/1852, Heage, the only other Sarah i found was the daughter of, George & Sarah, but although , b. 1835, she, d. 1844,.
 Note on census she is shown b. Belper, and most of the Attenboroughs iv'e found come from Stab/pleford.

Thank You bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Attenborough-Belper or Stapleford
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 June 07 01:41 BST (UK) »
You may be correct with "your" Sarah being the daughter of William and Ruth - William and Ruth and most of the children were born Stapleford- but 1841 lived in Belper -according to census, Sarah was the first of their children to be born in Belper
have census if you require them

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk