Author Topic: PRICE & THOMAS FAMILY  (Read 4369 times)

Offline CarolBurns

• I am no longer accepting new replies to my topics
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm still looking !
    • View Profile
PRICE & THOMAS FAMILY
« on: Thursday 09 December 04 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
I am searching for the family of ELIZABETH PRICE. She was born on 1st January 1842 in Liverpool and she married William Thomas in 1865 - Oct 13th. We don't know where though.
Here is the story we know of her so far -

She was born in Liverpool in Jan 1842 and her father was, supposedly, quite high up in the Walker Gallery (possibly Managing Director or similar) They visited Anglesey every year for a holiday and that is where she met my Great Great Grandfather William Thomas (born May 1841, Llechylched, Anglesey) William was a Blacksmith. Apparently her family were not too happy about this relationship as he was classed as beneath her. She decided she was going to marry him anyway and her family are supposed to have disowned her.

William and Elizabeth had their first child Catherine in 1866 in Holyhead and then had Elizabeth (1867) William (1869) John James (1872) Owen (1875) and Margaret (1877). When her parents died Elizabeth was left a legacy but never claimed it so it was put in trust. Her grandson is supposed to have claimed it around the 2nd World War though again we are unsure (family stories of his sudden wealth have changed as time went on)

My Grandmother always mentioned an Uncle Charles Napier Price from Liverpool who would visit when she was younger. He was also quite high up in the Walker Gallery. Charles Napier was slightly older than Elizabeth.

Elizabeth died in 1917 and we are unsure of when William died.

If anyone knows any information at all, however small it may seem, please contact me

This is the missing link in our tree. Both myself and my father have been searching for a long time to find the name and thanks to the work of my 3rd cousin, who I found through this site, we have Elizabeth's surname as a definite

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from anyone at all

Carol
Thomas, Williams,Owen (s),Griffith (s), Jones - Anglesey<br />Burns, Wallace - Northumberland, Ireland, Scotland<br />Horsburgh, Sandilands, Blackhall, Rankine, Rankin, Hilson, Nielson - Scotland <br />Turnbull, Mills, Burgoyne, Burgon - Northumberland, <br />Davidson - Scotland, India, Burma<br /> Lopez - India, Burma<br/>