Author Topic: Bridget Dore - birth  (Read 2490 times)

Offline acookey

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
  • Katherine Pasley
    • View Profile
Bridget Dore - birth
« on: Saturday 23 June 07 23:14 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a birth date and any other information on Bridget Dore, and her family.  She migrated to Australia alone in 1850 on board the "Maria" which brought orphans and assisted immigrants from Ireland.

The information I have is from her immigration record, which gives her age as 18, father Cornelius, mother Ellen, father in Rathkeale.  (Mother dead?)

Religion seems to be C of R (bad writing) which I assume is Roman Catholic.

With thanks  :)

Annette
RIP 2011
Cooke, Aust. England
Russell, Aust. Enland
McMinn, Ireland
Gee, Ireland
Crump, London
Bowen (Bohan), Ireland
Seage, Ireland
Smith, Aust.
Dore, Ireland
Pasley, Ireland
Simmonds, England

Offline missgoldy79

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget Dore - birth
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 February 10 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Annette!

We may researching the same person... I have recently found out that I have a great, great, great grandmother named Bridget Dore who immigrated out to Sydney Australia around 1850. She married William Russell and had 5 children, settling first in Sydney, then moving on to Brisbane with the birth of her daughter ( and my direct descendant) Christina.

Bridget is listed on Christina's birth certificate as having been born in Limerick, Ireland and being 30 years old as of 17th October 1864, so that would have put her at age 16 when she emigrated, so born 1834. This is the only discrepancy I can find.

Bridgets other children are listed as Alfred ( born approx. 1852), William T (1854), Emily (1860), Susan (1862), and 2 children deceased.

Please feel free to contact me..I'm happy to send thru copies of what I have. If you have a copy of the passenger list for the Maria, I'd really appreciate that too!

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Offline acookey

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
  • Katherine Pasley
    • View Profile
Re: Bridget Dore - birth
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 February 10 22:52 GMT (UK) »
Yes indeed Sarah, we are researching the same person.  This is my late husband's family and his mother was a Russell. 

Bridget Dore went on to have 13 children in total.  I don't have the passenger list for the Maria but have the paper work where 8 of the orphans came to Morten Bay.  Sadly their names do not appear on the memorial in Sydney, so far as I know.

Please send me a personal message so I can contact you off list.

Regards

Annette
RIP 2011
Cooke, Aust. England
Russell, Aust. Enland
McMinn, Ireland
Gee, Ireland
Crump, London
Bowen (Bohan), Ireland
Seage, Ireland
Smith, Aust.
Dore, Ireland