Author Topic: Request for Photo of Ripple Church - Watts  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Request for Photo of Ripple Church - Watts
« on: Sunday 24 June 07 09:10 BST (UK) »
Is it possilbe for somebody to photograph Ripple Church, please? As well, as the church, would it be possible for a photograph of a memorial within the porch area of the church.

I have been given a transcript of the memorial, but no photo's, and am unable to do so myself (living in Sydney, AUS). The memorial is dedicated to the late Major Stephen Watts (d.1810) and his wife, Sarah, nee Nugent (d.1841).

Thanks

Les
de Belin, Swindail, Willcock, Williams, Moore, Watts, Searjeant, Watson, McCready, Reid, Spink, de Lancey, Van Cortland, and of course, Smith!

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Request for Photo of Ripple Church - Watts
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 24 June 07 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Les,

found this website with some photos

http://www.francisfrith.com/archive/england/kent/ripple/ripple.htm

and this one for the war memorial
http://www.roll-of-honour.com/Kent/Ripple.html

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 24 June 07 11:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks Barbara.

I had seen those photo's of the church before, but was hoping somebody might take some other photo's for me. I see that one Rootschatter offers his services of taking photos around Deal and surrounding areas. He's offline at the moment, but when he comes back on, I hope he replies. If not, I will send him a PM.

I'm really keen to obtain a photo of the memorial. Unfortunately, its not the one you supplied - that's a WWI Memorial. The memorial I'm interested in, is actually within the front porch of the church dedicated to my Watts/Nugent ancestors who died in 1810 and 1841.

Les
de Belin, Swindail, Willcock, Williams, Moore, Watts, Searjeant, Watson, McCready, Reid, Spink, de Lancey, Van Cortland, and of course, Smith!

Offline Blue

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 June 07 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Les,

I was in Ripple this afternoon and managed to get some photos of the church for you. Unfortunately the church was locked up so I couldn't get the photo of the memorial inside the porch area. If you PM me your email address I would be more than happy to email the church photos to you.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Blue
BEER - Whitstable Kent. <br />BOAN, BONE, KELWAY - Cornwall.<br />FLISHER, HART, BOXER, CHAPMAN, PENNY - Folkestone. <br />CONRADI - Dover. GRIFFITHS - Dover and Walworth<br />EDWARDS, EGGLETON, SEAMAN, WISEMAN - Norfolk. <br />SULSTON - Oxfordshire. BRITNELL, Oxfordshire and Toronto Canada.
ADCOCK, HODGES, PETTIT - Folkestone area.
WILLETT - Sussex, Kent, Victoria Australia.
OVENDEN - Bridge
DYASON - Whitstable
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Bill749

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • over 70 and still wearin' genes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 June 07 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Les

This is the church of St Mary the Virgin, Ripple.  I haven't been inside yet but will keep an eye open for the memorial you mention if I can find the church open.

Regards, Bill
Banks, Beer, Bowes, Castle, Cloak, Coachworth, Dixon, Farr, Golder, Graves, Hicks, Hogbin, Holmans, Marsh, Mummery, Nutting, Pierce, Rouse, Sawyer, Sharp, Snell, Willis: mostly in East Kent.
Ey, Sawyer: London
Evans: Ystradgynlais, Wales
Snell: Snettisham, Norfolk
Knight, Burgess, Ellis: Hampshire
Purdy: Ireland/Canada/Durham/Pennsylvania
McCann: Ireland
Morrow: Pennsylvania
Sparnon: any
Beers, Heath, Conyers, Miller, Russell, Larson, Clark, Sibert, Hopper, Reinhart: USA

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 25 June 07 13:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Bill

Thanks very much for the photo. If you can get to the church when it is open, it would be appreciated, but at your liesure.

I've sent Blue a PM as he requested.

Les

Offline Blue

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 25 June 07 15:31 BST (UK) »
I have emailed photos to you Les.

Regards,
Blue
BEER - Whitstable Kent. <br />BOAN, BONE, KELWAY - Cornwall.<br />FLISHER, HART, BOXER, CHAPMAN, PENNY - Folkestone. <br />CONRADI - Dover. GRIFFITHS - Dover and Walworth<br />EDWARDS, EGGLETON, SEAMAN, WISEMAN - Norfolk. <br />SULSTON - Oxfordshire. BRITNELL, Oxfordshire and Toronto Canada.
ADCOCK, HODGES, PETTIT - Folkestone area.
WILLETT - Sussex, Kent, Victoria Australia.
OVENDEN - Bridge
DYASON - Whitstable
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Les de B

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 25 June 07 15:49 BST (UK) »
I have received photo's from Blue at my private email address, and gave her a big THANKS.

Les