Author Topic: mackay - taggart of Dungiven area  (Read 13408 times)

Offline betty53

• Email address not working please contact support for Help
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mackay - taggart of Dungiven area
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 21:29 BST (UK) »
Dear megbe

I would be interested to know if your Anni
Betty,

Just joined this site last week. Did you have any luck with your Jackson Taggart at PRONI. The reason I ask is that the Jackson Taggart and Annie Cox from Portrush are my Great Grandparents. They had several children including Percy(my Grandfather) who registered Jacksons death. Another of Jackson and Annies children was Annie born in Glenmanus Portrush in c1891. I believe that this is your "Annie" she may have  named her illegitimate son after her father. Annie settled in Dungiven and married an Edward Doherty and had a large family. Annie appears to have had very little to do with her Portrush family after she went to Dungiven.

Margaret
e Jane is the one in my history as well.

Offline betty53

• Email address not working please contact support for Help
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 30 August 09 22:33 BST (UK) »
I have just found some info about Jackson Taggart from the 1911 census - anyone who wishes to correspond - can you please PM me as this would affect people still alive.

Regards

Betty

Offline cyclamen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 10:28 BST (UK) »
I have a  McKay/Jackson marriage which may be of interest.

Jane Jackson, Largy, married Thomas McKay, Drumsurn (possibly Drummond - very unclear) 12th July 1860 in Balteagh Pres Church. Father of Jane was David Jackson a labourer and father of Thomas McKay was Joseph McKay, also a labourer.
Moody, Patton, Hemphill, Haslett, Hopkins, Simpson, Fleming,Walker. Co Londonderry
Simpson, Moody Co Armagh
Walker Co Tyrone, Co Donegal and Dublin

Offline Judi M.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 22 November 23 18:55 GMT (UK) »
I have a  McKay/Jackson marriage which may be of interest.

Jane Jackson, Largy, married Thomas McKay, Drumsurn (possibly Drummond - very unclear) 12th July 1860 in Balteagh Pres Church. Father of Jane was David Jackson a labourer and father of Thomas McKay was Joseph McKay, also a labourer.
This is part of my husband's  McKay family.  And yes it is Drumsurn, They lived in Drumsurn Lower in the Valuation books.  Joseph McKay's widow Mary died 13 Aug. 1867 in Drumsurn, the informant was a Jane McKay, So Joseph McKay/ McCay died before 1867.  I'm missing any information on Joseph McKay/McCay jr.  because in the Valuation books in Drumsurn Lower a Joseph McKay was still listed 1883-1892 In the 1899-1910 the name Joseph McCay is crossed out.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 22 November 23 19:56 GMT (UK) »

They lived in Drumsurn Lower in the Valuation books.
...in the Valuation books in Drumsurn Lower a Joseph McKay was still listed 1883-1892.

Drumsurn Lower   Balteagh   Londonderry   1883-1898        VAL/12/B/31/19C
https://apps.proni.gov.uk/Val12B/SearchResults.aspx

https://www.townlands.ie/londonderry/keenaght/balteagh/lislane/drumsurn-lower/

https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4822530#map=12/55.0154/-6.8805

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo