Author Topic: Hit the brick wall!!!!  (Read 1211 times)

Offline soulsister

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Alice Taylor nee Collinson 1875-1957
    • View Profile
Hit the brick wall!!!!
« on: Monday 25 June 07 19:48 BST (UK) »

Seems my favourite family line may have come to the end of the road!!

I have followed my LEWIN name back for the last 10 years and have found the family line most enthralling, but alas now seems I may not be able to get any further back!

I have got back as far as a marriage between WILLIAM LEWIN and ELIZABETH WESTON, 8th Aug 1746 in Anstey, Leicestershire. I have all their children and have followed most of their families too. I have no idea how old William or Elizabeth were at the time of their marriage, so no idea when they were born, and also cannot find any possible deaths for either. Their are many many possible births for William, but not one of them am i absolutely certain is mine.

My nana has just been down to Leicestershire and visited the churchyards and the R/O in the hope of finding something, but no luck.

I dont know where to go from here, and do not feel i could leave this family be!!!

Any ideas????

Regards

Emma.
Yorkshire: Bennison, Sedman, Collinson, Taylor, Lambert, Ness
Cumberland: Carrick
Hunts, Leicstershire, Beds: Lewin, Beale, Kinton, Weston
Middlesex: Gadsdon, Matts, Stephenson, Sharp
Lincolnshire: Stephenson, Would, Blythman
Ireland: Callan,
Scotland: Bunyan/Bullion

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hit the brick wall!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 June 07 20:08 BST (UK) »
This site claims that the date you give is their eldest child's baptism, but goes back beyond the marriage.
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=charlescrane&id=I771

There is an email address, so it would be worth contacting it to hear the evidence.

Richard
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline soulsister

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Alice Taylor nee Collinson 1875-1957
    • View Profile
Re: Hit the brick wall!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 June 07 21:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Richard. I have already made contact with the gentleman who has that site and he also got stuck at William's birth so he took a guess at the father!!! It could be the correct one, but there is no definite proof and the father on that site was born elsewhere when there are possible Williams born in Anstey which could be mine!

The marriage details i have were found by sks on here and say the marriage took place on that date, by banns in the parish church of Anstey, so im going for that one!

Emma
Yorkshire: Bennison, Sedman, Collinson, Taylor, Lambert, Ness
Cumberland: Carrick
Hunts, Leicstershire, Beds: Lewin, Beale, Kinton, Weston
Middlesex: Gadsdon, Matts, Stephenson, Sharp
Lincolnshire: Stephenson, Would, Blythman
Ireland: Callan,
Scotland: Bunyan/Bullion