Author Topic: HELP PLEASE with Clement Long Wisbech  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Long_haul

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE with Clement Long Wisbech
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 June 07 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hi MaryA

Unfortunately no-one is a talking - think this is the skeleton.

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 June 07 10:00 BST (UK) »
Many marriage entries are transcribed on FreeBMD, but for the name Clement Long, mainly up to 1912.   You can search the full marriage index for free, image by image at www.ancestry.co.uk and see whether there is another entry after this date.

Plenty of skeletons about but often they can be uncovered.  Wear down those who aren't talking with questions. 

If these people are still living who remember Clement and Ethel then it would certainly sound like a marriage which took place later, maybe well after 1900.  Do they remember them? Why is there an uncertainty about her surname?  Do they remember any children of the marriage?  Do they remember where they lived?  How certain are they that the name was Ethel May? or could it be Elizabeth E and so
tie in with the 1891 census?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 June 07 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hi MaryA

I only found him by looking for Elizabeth Bouch, I couldn't find him using his name, tried several combinations but he didn't come up. Thing is with Wisbech being so close to the Norfolk boarder and being the biggest town in the area, them that are born inside the Norfolk boarder, get registered in Wisbech in Cambs. Thought they would have been better registered in King Lynn which is only about 12 miles away and in Norfolk. ;)

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Long_haul

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 June 07 20:25 BST (UK) »
Hi MaryA,

I do not believe the marriage took place after 1900. Two children born,  died before 1902. Clement Long and ?Ethel May Head/Wells  adopted my Grandmother in 1902. I realise that at that time there wasn`t such a thing as official adoption. I think this is where the mystery is.

If Elizabeth E turns out to be an Elizabeth EMMA  - this ties in.

Like Ricky I had been searching in Norfolk. With the information you have both given
me  I will go back  toFreeBMD. 

Thankyou both.
Long haul

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 27 June 07 20:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Long Haul
Your Welcome, good luck

regards

ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ken_from_Wisbech

• RootsChat Senior
  • GPs - Annie (Pardoe) and Harry Brawn Edwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 28 June 07 16:50 BST (UK) »
[quote author=ricky1                       "

living at Hope Inn, 18 Canal street, Wisbech St Peter,Wisbech, Cambs

Rg12/ 1304
folio 87
page 16

Could be him

ricky

Just an addition, Ricky, a mate of mine's father was the last landlord of The Hope and asked me to do a pen & Ink drawing with the old gas holder in it.  I remember it in the late 50s, early 60s as they started to fill the canal in.
Drake, Blackhall, Roney, Lovell.  Parry, Edwards,  Pardoe, Braun/Brawn/Bryan, all in Bethnal Green, Stepney, Whitechapel, Mile End, Tottenham, Palmers Green and Edmonton area.

http://www.wisbech-town.co.uk

Also a member of the East of London and Fenland  Family History Societies