Author Topic: EASTWOOD Family from Kent  (Read 12488 times)

Offline Kuri

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: EASTWOOD Family from Kent
« Reply #18 on: Monday 05 April 10 00:58 BST (UK) »
 :DHi Zozo,

First of all John Eastwood' parents were William Eastwood and Philadephia Hawkins. Alvina [or Elvina ] and John Breeds did not get married!! Although they must have lived together to have children.  :D
I have a 1881 census for John Eastwood and Harriet. They were living in Home Garden Carry van (a caravan) In Dartford Kent.  My Gt. Grandmother Alvinea Breeds was, she was Joh and Harriet's grandaughter. I also have one for Elvina who appeared to be a "widow" ??? she also was living in caravan. They were travellers and John Eastwoods occupation is shown as Horse Keeper and Harriet's is shown as Hawker.
In 1901 census Elvina is now 47 and classed as single she is also living a caravan at the Brent in Dartford. She is a Hawker.
Also living with her is a John Janaway aged 40 and single he is a general dealer.
Living with them also is my grandmother's sister another Alvina aged 4.
My grandmother was the eldest child of Alvinea James (nee Eastwood Breeds) her name was Mary Ann James.
So I do hope that helps, you most likely all ready have this information. The Eastwoods, Breeds and James' are very hard to find on census' as the lived in caravans and travelled. The only census I have is the 1911 one for the James family. Cheers Kuri ( Carol )  :)
Breeds  Cakebread Coshall  Dunmall Ellis Eastwood Evenden James Kent  and Sears all in the Kent Area. Also Freestone and James in Cambridgeshire.

Offline vardobob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 08 May 10 10:48 BST (UK) »
Alvinia Breeds born 17 Jan 1876 Orpington Kent
       Father John Breeds
       Mother Alvinia Breeds formerly Eastwood

Offline vardobob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 08 May 10 11:05 BST (UK) »
Alvinia was born 17 Jan 1876 Orpington Kent
 Father John Breeds
 Mother Alvena Breeds formely eastwood
 Seaman Breeds was Johns Brother

Alvinia marr James James at Chalk Kent on 2 Mar 1896

Seaman Breeze(Breeds) Marr Britannia Eastwood 14 Dec 1875 at Ightham Kent
 Britannia was born 18 Dec 1857 Braintree Essex
     Father John Eastwood
     Mother Harriet Eastwood formerly Jennings
i also have birthdates from certificates for some of John and Harriets other Children bap dates from church records
  Also Marr dates for some
   George born 1837 Marr Margaret Ellen Dell
    John Marr or lived with Ann Reynolds
   Mark Married Flora Day
    CarolineMarr Elias Dell

Offline kellyjames

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 03 October 12 14:42 BST (UK) »
hi trying to find info on my nan ellen eastwood from dartford she passed away in 1986 and any family who is related can any 1 help thanks

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 04 October 12 20:47 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

Was EASTWOOD Ellen's maiden name or married name?  It would be helpful to know here surname at time of death, also more precisely when and where she died, as we should be able to get a date of birth from the death indexes.

Do you know if she had any siblings and, if so, any further details about them ie. names/ages/residences/deaths/marriages etc. etc..

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dartfordian

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 19 September 23 12:30 BST (UK) »
I believe they were travellers as my Grandmother told about her life in a caravan.
I too am descended from these families, though even my dad (born 1936) had no idea he had traveller ancestors just two generations back. Are you (or anyone else) able to tell us some of the stories about them or their lifestyle because there is no information known to the family at all?
May, Robbins; Bell, Belton, Blunden, Byhurst, Card/Carde, Eastwood, Flenley, Markwick/Markwyke, Morris, Norton, Roots, Thorn/Thorne, Wickenden. All Sussex, Surrey, Kent and London.