Author Topic: EASTWOOD Family from Kent  (Read 12486 times)

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: EASTWOOD Family from Kent
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 March 10 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat. ;D
The cemetery is Emersend Cemetery Beckenham Kent. Sorry I can't tell you much more. If you send me a private message with your email address I can send you the uncropped photograph should you so wish. :) It was a little while ago so my memory is not fresh but I do remember looking for them on census.
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 March 10 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Seaman Breeds died March 15th 1927 aged 73 years husband of Britannia.
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 March 10 21:46 GMT (UK) »
http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
Looks like the marriage miss transcribed.
December quarter 1875
BREEZE    Seman         Malling    2a   867   
EASTWOOD    Britannia

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 March 10 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Could this be it?
Births Jun 1896   
Breeds    John         Dartford    2a   510

Births Jun 1902   
BREEDS    Seaman         Bromley    2a   491

Offline Kuri

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 March 10 01:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,
I do believe that Seaman Breeds is a brother to my Gt. Grandmother Alvinea [or Elvina] Her parents were not married and Alvinea's mother was an Eastwood. Very confusing isn't it?
Carol (kuri) :)
Breeds  Cakebread Coshall  Dunmall Ellis Eastwood Evenden James Kent  and Sears all in the Kent Area. Also Freestone and James in Cambridgeshire.

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 March 10 08:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,
I think the best way forward is to purchase  the  two birth certificates below. It's a good strong base to work on and will give their parents names.
http://freebmd.rootsweb.com
Births Mar 1854   
Breeds    Seaman        Maidstone    2a   414   

Births Dec 1857   
Eastwood    Brittania         Braintree    4a   303

The cheapest way is on line.
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Offline zozo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 03 April 10 17:29 BST (UK) »
Can any one help regarding Elvina Eastwood b 1853 I need to confirm parents and grandparents. We have John Eastwood  b 1816 at Five Ashes, Sussex and Harriet (possibly Dell) as the parents. John Eastwood b 1816 parents we did think were William Eastwood b 1782 and Philadelphia Hawkins b 1783 but can't find the baptism record. Please help, we are happy to share information re Dell/Eastwood/Breeds etc :)
mills, eastwood, eastwood holmes, sussex. Foreman, eastwood, mills kent

Offline Kuri

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 03 April 10 21:07 BST (UK) »
hi,

I have a birth certificate for Elvina Eastwood, but mine was born 1851. Her father was John Eastwood and her mother was Harriet Jennings. Elvina's birth date is 4th May 1851 and he place of birth is Gloster Place, King St, Newtown, Deptford.
I would be interested in information you have on the Eastwood/Breeds/James families.
Cheers Kuri :)
Breeds  Cakebread Coshall  Dunmall Ellis Eastwood Evenden James Kent  and Sears all in the Kent Area. Also Freestone and James in Cambridgeshire.

Offline zozo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 04 April 10 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

This would appear to be the same Elvina as mine.  I have John and living Harriet living at Gloucester Place in the 1851 census, but can only find a reference to Elvina in the 1881 census where she is married to John Breeds.  This is where she is listed as being born in Braxted in 1853.  I have been unable to find her in the 1861 or 1871 census.  I have her children as Britania, 1871, John, 1873, Alvinea, 1876 and Joseph, 1878.

A lot of this research was done some years ago and I now have reason to revisit and requestions some of the information.

I have John eastwood, Elvina's father, born in 1816 in Five Ashes, SSX.  Most trees I ave found put his parents as William and Philadelphia, based on a baptism record in 1821.  However, a burial record of a John Eastwood in 1823 corresponding cast ??? doubt on whether this is indeed correct. 

Any further info you have would be greatly appreciated.
mills, eastwood, eastwood holmes, sussex. Foreman, eastwood, mills kent