Author Topic: Electoral Roll.  (Read 3556 times)

Offline trudi

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Electoral Roll.
« on: Thursday 28 June 07 09:46 BST (UK) »
 Hello has anyone got Electoral Roll 2007 please  as i  need  a  look  up

Thanks Trudi..

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Electoral Roll.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 June 07 15:57 BST (UK) »
You don't say which part of Lancashire, but the local library may be able to do it for you.  Try www.lancashire.gov.uk/libraries

Or you can use something like www.192.com (which you probably need to pay for)

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline mshrmh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 June 07 17:04 BST (UK) »
trudi - there was a court case a few years ago about councils selling the electoral roll - the result was that access to the full roll is now restricted and people are allowed to "opt out" of the part that is sold on (though credit reference agencies have the right to the full roll in any case). In my local authority you can only see the current full roll at the town hall - they've even stopped supplying copies to the local libraries. I don't know whether that is the case for Lancashire.
192.com only has the restricted roll - though they have older "full" versions before the opt-out system was introduced.

Offline trudi

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 June 07 19:07 BST (UK) »
 Thanks to both of you for your kind replies  and  information.

Reguards Trudi.