Author Topic: 1871,1881 cencus look up,Arthur Fraser Johnston  (Read 10352 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: 1871,1881 cencus look up,Arthur Fraser Johnston
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 01 July 07 12:26 BST (UK) »
Thomas Hair, wife Margaret and 1yr old daughter Janet were in Dumfries for the 1851 census (at Irish Street East Side, Dumfries) and look to have moved to Newcastle upon Tyne after this date where their other children were born there.

It's likely that 1851 entry I found for an Andrew Johnstone in Newcastle upon Tyne was the right Andrew and Thomas and family followed after. Certainly  Margaret Hair joined husband at some point after the 1851 census before the birth of Arthur in 1854.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ianjp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 July 07 17:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica

Thanks for doing all the looking for me. got to go off line for a couple of days, going out of town for a while. well be back on line thursday.
Once again thanks for what you have found.

Ian JP  :)
Mazzoni/Risi London and Gateshead
Johnston/e London and Scotland
Cleaver London
Pooley London
Power Ireland and London

Offline prokusmaximus

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 13 July 20 20:45 BST (UK) »
Hello I am researching ancestry looking for information on Robert Lepper (1834 Linlithgow Scotland) father of Agnes Lepper (1858).

1) Wanted to know any information on Robert Leppers father also named Robert Lepper and his wife Janet Smith.

2) Also Arthur Johnson 1798 Dumfries Scotland his wife Jane Fraser abt 1800 Dumfries Scotland. Looking to know their exact dates and any further information on their Father/Mothers side

Paul