Author Topic: bennetts and ramsdens  (Read 10141 times)

Offline frankieb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
bennetts and ramsdens
« on: Friday 29 June 07 19:55 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me with my bennett and ramsden searches in bistre. ?? I have a benjamin bennett who was a miner born in connaghs quay who married a catherine jones . When catherine died in bistre in the 1880's i think benjamin married again to a mary -not 100% certain on that. Benjamin died in 1906 but i just wondered if there werte any relatives of his still out there in wales. ONe of his sons-my relative-william -married martha ramsden in 1910 in hawarden parish-but think it was the bistre church-and she was the daughter of james fletcher ramsden and frances davies. James was the son -i think only child-of william ramsden amd maria nee fletcher. William and maria were in bistre area on the 1851 census. William died in holywell area in the 1880's i think. I would love to beable to get more information on the bennetts especially-as i am in contact with lots of ramsden cousins but know nothing of the bennetts. please please help. thankyou

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: bennetts and ramsdens
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 June 07 20:53 BST (UK) »
Benjamin is given consistently as born in c 1835.even though he is difficult to find before 1871.However there is a Benjamin Bennett in 1841,showing as born in c 1835,and living in Wepre Northop,and apparently the son of William and Mary Bennett.As you will see from the Genuki page for Connahs Quay Parish,the Township of Wepre was added to Connahs Quay from Northop in 1844.
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/FLN/ConnahsQuay/index.html

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline frankieb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 June 07 22:06 BST (UK) »
thanks william-so do you think that benjamins father could be william then??? it would make sense as his son -oldest maybe was william. I have not access to ancestry till i go to work on monday-work in a library-dont think ive found him on there anyway-never trust it. Have you got the details then i will maybe try to search monday-maybe area and page and folio and all that stuff?? Did youm search ancestry?? Was that the only benjamin showing up for thst time period born in connaghs quay-or wepre??/He ended up marrying a catherine jones i think-but its confusing because there is an earlier benjamin marrying a catherine jones-he is born around 1896 i think and its on family search so people think i am getting mixed up when i am more or less certain mine is the benjamin born 1835

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 June 07 22:35 BST (UK) »
Apologies for not giving the details from 1841.They are;
HO 107,Piece 1407,Folio 12,Page 14.I think you are mistaken about him marrying again to a Mary,as he is shown in 1891 and 1901 as a Widower.Unless of course,he marries the Mary between the Census years,and of course Mary dies,also between the Census years!

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 29 June 07 22:44 BST (UK) »
Looking again at the possible Marriage of Benjamin Bennett to Catherine Jones.Looking at the ages of there children,I think it is almost certain that you are looking at the Marriage which took place at Bistre Emmanuel in 1853.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 29 June 07 23:29 BST (UK) »
There is a Benjamin Bennett born on the 5th of August 1834,and Baptised on the 24th of August 1834,to Parents William Bennett and Mary Jones at Northop.This is from an extracted record of the local Parish.,on www. familysearch.org.If you are familiar with using the IGI,enter this Batch Number;C061741.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Megran

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 29 June 07 23:43 BST (UK) »
Benjamin Bennett bn 5 Aug 1834, bp 24 Aug 1834 Northop, son of William and Mary Bennett nee Jones.

Benjamin married Catherine Jones 1853 Bistre Emmanuel NWBMD. Gro reference 2nd Qtr 1853 Holywell RA 11B 469.

Children Peter, Martha, William, Henry, Catherine and Benjamin.  In the 1881 census they had a g'son James Bennett living with them. Not all confirmed so may be others.

Benjamin bn 1834 was the son of William and Mary Bennett nee Jones. William was the son of Henry and Eleanor Bennett nee Coppack. Again not all confirmed. I was following the wrong line.
HTH,
Megran
Caunt - Manchester & area, Lancashire, Nottinghamshire.
Edwards - Cheshire, Denbighshire, Manchester
Lloyd - Marbury area,Cheshire
Isherwood - Bolton/Sharples, Lancashire
Vaughan - Marbury area, Cheshire
Walker - Manchester/Bolton/Sharples, Lancashire

Offline frankieb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 30 June 07 09:56 BST (UK) »
thanks for all your info-i have tried to search the familysearch but did not come up with any of this-must be doing something wrong. thanks again. What did you mean-you were following wrong line.??? I know its not confirmed but it sounds correct. I have will details of benjamin so i may order the will and then it may confirm some family relationships for me. You have been extremely helpful . kind regards
frankie

Offline frankieb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 30 June 07 10:00 BST (UK) »
thanks william and megran-this site is brilliant. i am going to follow up those leads-thanks again.
frankie