Author Topic: Gavinburn Primary School COMPLETED  (Read 5795 times)

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gavinburn Primary School
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 July 07 15:19 BST (UK) »
It is a little way before Hardgate, and there is a big RC schoolo at Hardgate. off FAIRLEY RD
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline joette

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 July 07 17:41 BST (UK) »
Not sure which is would be & not sure which school would be the public one ie the one your rellies went to.
Only baptised RC could attend the RC school.Still applies today.Most of my nephews/nieces have been educated in RC schools.
I know there was a Goldenhill Primary but don't know how old that was.
Auchentoshan was the "special" school which was destroyed by fire in the past ten years or so(guess what they did with land?)Built houses on it!
They are also demolishing Our Lady of Lorettos in Dalmuir(formerly Dalmuir Parish Church.)Not ones to preserve the past the bankies!
Waddell-Perthshire,Dollar,Clydebank,Glasgow & USA.
Scott -Roxb,Midlothian.
McKimmies-Aberdeenshire,Banff,Morayshire,Niagara&NewJersey.Old Kilpatrick.
Lindley,Veitch-Canada.
Veitch-Peebles,Crawfordjohn,Midlothian.
Ross,Torrance,Brown,McDowall.
Greer/Simpson/Jenkins-Old Kilpatrick& Camelon Falkirk,Abbey/Neilston
Leitch-Abbey Parish.
Kerr/Carr.
Breakenridge/Liddell-Temple Midlothian.
Aitchison
Fraser/Barron/Coutts/Singer.
Waddell-USA after 1923.
McFarlanes-Midlothian/Australia.

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 July 07 19:29 BST (UK) »
Family would have gone to C of S School.
Same here now to, you have to prove you go to church to go to either RC or C 0f E School.
My daughter goes to a foundation school.
I am C of E, hubby RC  ;)

I might email Pat and she what she thinks.
She'll know more than me.

Pettsy

Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
  • Beauty fades, dumb is forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 July 07 22:08 BST (UK) »
Goldenhill Primary is 51 yrs old - my son goes there just now, not sure where the children went before that was built.

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 July 07 12:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen this is the school that my Granny went to(born 1895)& her siblings(McKimmies & her Greer cousins).We don't have any photos-my Great-uncle burnt the family photos & family bible.
It's still there although I think rebuilt.Yet another connection between our families although we aren't related!
Didn't realise you could have the admission list where/how?Gavinburn is in Old Kilpatrick by the way not Clydebank.Where were they living when they attended?It might be that by the time your G-Grandfather went to school they had moved.I think the children came from Old Kilpatrick,Bowling & Duntocher as well.No motorway then just farm land to walk through-the Glen which is still there & down through the Village.

Sorry Joette,

Just re read mesages, and you asked where the admissions were.

schooloffice@gavinburn.w-dunbarton.sch.uk

Good luck

Pettsy
Munn New Jersey and Oz

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 July 07 12:40 BST (UK) »
Goldenhill Primary is 51 yrs old - my son goes there just now, not sure where the children went before that was built.

Hi Miss Poohs,

That crosses that school of the list  ;)

Thanks

Pettsy
Munn New Jersey and Oz