Author Topic: 1970 Springvale Cremation  (Read 2902 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1970 Springvale Cremation
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 12 July 07 01:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Kevin

I agree with you don't get too excited.....been like that for a while. :(  Everything comes to those who wait ;)  However I have had very prompt responses to my queries especially from Melbourne General Cemetery.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline little meg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 12 July 07 06:51 BST (UK) »
cando,
I picked up an old book on the Old Melbourne Cemetery some time back in a second hand shop, put together by the AIGS and published in 1982.
It has transcriptions in it but no order by the look of it.

Happy to search for anything if you wish.  ;D

Margaret
Simpson-Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Overend-Sutton, Kildwick,Yorkshire & Australia, Whitaker - Cononley/Yorkshire, Pickard - Silsden/Yorkshire, Howarth - Skipton/Yorkshire and Lancashire, Heaton-Yorkshire, Preston-Yorkshire, Myers-Yorkshire & Australia, Wild-Yorkshire & Australia. Storey-Middlesex/Australia

Offline joppo1968

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 4 x GGrandfather Joseph Boultbee (1758-1821)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 12 July 07 13:18 BST (UK) »
Just a further update!

I found out from the volunteer from RAOGK who looked through the Electoral Rolls, that an Edith Slade was on the 2000, 2001, 2002 & 2003 Rolls but none after that. She gave me the address & I checked it out in Whitepages & an A.Slade lives at that address. I rang & it was her husband who spoke a really thick accent. He said that Edith passed away 4 years ago & I could tell that the poor guy was still extremely upset, so I gave my condolences & that was it.

In a few months I might write him a letter (less invasive) & ask him a few non-intrusive questions & leave in open for him to get back to me or not. It's unfortunate, more for him than me, that she passed away, as she was the last in the Vic Jopson ancestry, that's unless they had children, which I'll find out if he responds down the track.

Thanks for your help Chatters!

Mike.

Jopson, Jubb, Jeffrey, Beardsworth, Boultbee, Byard, Pithers, Sale, Dowling, Dunn, Harrison, Offor, McDonald, Morgan, Walters, Wise. Alexander, Bayne, Collins, Dalton, Hill, Turner, Ripper, Vivash, Collins.