Author Topic: Kinvigs in Liverpool/Birkenhead???  (Read 2819 times)

Offline forthefamily

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Kinvigs in Liverpool/Birkenhead???
« on: Sunday 01 July 07 17:40 BST (UK) »
Is anyone researching the Kinvigs in the Liverpool/Birkenhead area? And, if so have you come across a connection to the Tate family?

I'm looking into my husbands family and his father used to talk about an uncle Kinvig from the Isle of Man. I never really made the connection until I started my research.

I have found a 1920 marriage of an Arnold Tate to an Elsie A. Kinvig in Birkenhead.

I also found a birth record for an Elsie ->  Elsie Amy Kinvig Q3 1901 Toxteth Park, Lancashire.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Inishowen: Meenamullaghan (Big Hill), Foffenagh (Rock), Illies and area...mainly McCallion, Doherty, Bradley, Grant, Devlin
Kilmacrenan: Gortnacorrib....Bonner
Scotland: Bonar, Boner Bonner etc
Conwal: Kirkstown.....Toner, Parke
Derry City: Bonner, McGowan, McGilloway, McElwee, Bradley
Omagh: Bradley
Fanad Penninsular, Donegal.....McBride, Friel, Fielty
Sligo: McGowan

Offline slaw

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kinvigs in Liverpool/Birkenhead???
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 July 07 18:31 BST (UK) »
I have just had a look at the 1891 census and there are lots of Kinvigs in the Isle of Man and liverpool, is there anyone in particular you want looking up?
Sheila
Edwards Llanfyllin Wales Evans LLanfyllin Wales
Salmon(Lawrence)b.1847 Monaghan Ireland
Salmon(lawrence)1869 Darlington, died Stockton on Tees
Duffey Staffordshire
Morris LLanfyllin, David Edwards 1779 Llanrhaiader Wales

Offline forthefamily

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Kinvigs in Liverpool/Birkenhead???
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 July 07 20:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for the offer. I may take you up on it later if you don't mind:) Right now it's early days for me in this research of the Tates. I would like to find this "Uncle Kinvig" but as you say there are lots of Kinvigs.

We're trying to figure out who Elsie is and to which part of the Tate family she belongs.

Family lore has my husband's grandfather married twice and we're not sure how she figures into the picture.

I've ordered some certificates from the GRO today to sort out some info before I go off on a wild goose chase for nothing.

Do you know if there are any naming conventions for the Isle of Man? Would Elsie be named after her mother or her father's mother?

Regards and thanks for your help.
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Inishowen: Meenamullaghan (Big Hill), Foffenagh (Rock), Illies and area...mainly McCallion, Doherty, Bradley, Grant, Devlin
Kilmacrenan: Gortnacorrib....Bonner
Scotland: Bonar, Boner Bonner etc
Conwal: Kirkstown.....Toner, Parke
Derry City: Bonner, McGowan, McGilloway, McElwee, Bradley
Omagh: Bradley
Fanad Penninsular, Donegal.....McBride, Friel, Fielty
Sligo: McGowan