Author Topic: ***COMPLETED***HELP PLEASE??!!! JONES FAMILY OF WELSHPOOL  (Read 4839 times)

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
***COMPLETED***HELP PLEASE??!!! JONES FAMILY OF WELSHPOOL
« on: Friday 10 December 04 10:22 GMT (UK) »
My GG Grandfather was David Jones born February 1845, married Elizabeth ???? (no details yet!).

They had the following children:

Agnes, Sarah J, Annie, John Thomas, William, Eliza, Charlotte and Maggie.

1.  John Thomas was my G Grandfather so I have all history for him.

2.  Maggie never married and died at one of her sister's house in Welshpool at the age of 48.

3.  Now this next bit is my problem ???

By the time David died, 5 of his daughers had married and are all mentioned in his obit in their married names but with no intials or christian names.

The married names are:-  Oliver, Grice, Lightwood, England and Williamson.  How on earth do I match the correct daugher with the correct married name ???

Any help would me most appreciated!

Thank you

Jan :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Catswhiskers

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE??!!! JONES FAMILY OF WELSHPOOL
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 December 04 11:11 GMT (UK) »
1901 gives Eliza Grice aged 25 Born Welshpool Census Welshpool

Agnes Williamson  33  Montgomery Welshpool  Bootle Bootle

Sarah Oliver  30 Montgomery Welshpool Mont Welshpool

Can't find others.
Adams,Bownes, Brown, Law,Linley,Pickering,Sedman,Suckley

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 December 04 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Catswhiskers,

YOU ARE A STAR!!! THANK YOU.

Now why didn't I think of looking in the 1901 ???  Sometimes another pair of eyes just finds what you want straightaway!!!!!!

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 10 December 04 11:46 GMT (UK) »
Catswhiskers

Are you able to see the Eliza Grice's husband's name?  According to Eliza's sister's obit it should be ARTHUR.

Thank you