Author Topic: Mahon Family Northampton Co Galway  (Read 11774 times)

Offline Ryue65

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mahon Family Northampton Co Galway
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I would be interested in more information. Photos of the area would be great also. I am Dublin based, but from Galway city originally.

James Mahon from Northampton House,  would be my Great-Great-Great Grandfather.   His Grandaughter was Elizabeth ( Lisalie) O’Flanagan from Ballybranagan. Elizabeth married my Great Grand Father John Francis Ennis in 1902 in the Convent Chapel Church.  Her own family home no longer exists. It was at the back of where the McMahon Petrol station is before St. Colman’s church.

Brendan Kenny

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 November 20 18:12 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat  :)

James Mahon from Northampton House,  would be my Great-Great-Great Grandfather.   His Grandaughter was Elizabeth ( Lisalie) O’Flanagan from Ballybranagan. Elizabeth married my Great Grand Father John Francis Ennis in 1902 in the Convent Chapel Church. 

Just linking the 1902 marriage for others to see-
John F ENNIS to Elizabeth OFLANAGAN - 10th February 1902
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1902/10265/5736090.pdf

Kinvarra where Elizabeth was residing at the time of her marriage.
https://www.townlands.ie/galway/kiltartan/kinvarradoorus/kinvarra/kinvarra/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Nardie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 10 April 22 12:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Brid-Were you able to verify the lineage of your Mahons? I am descended from Ann Mahon, daughter of Thomas who was son of Patrick who was son of Thomas Maghane (Mahon). I believe Ann Mahon was born in Rindifin, Gort. I received my information from a local historian in Kinvara but as yet can’t confirm the lineage. I do match with DNA with a person who is also from this Thomas Mahon through his son, Bryan. If you have found historical records I would be interested. Marg