Author Topic: William Nixon Chapman  (Read 7631 times)

Offline rachela

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Nixon Chapman
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 02 September 12 10:56 BST (UK) »
Can tell you that a William Nixon Chapman married a Louisa Theresa Moore in 1863 and also an Eliza Pascoe in 1875. Might be the same groom in each case. There is also a 1901 marriage between Mary Crombie Wilson and a William Nixon Chapman.

Christchurch Archives hold a probate for a William Nixon Chapman dated 1876 but he is not mentioned in the Christchurch City Cemeteries Database.   

http://www.archway.archives.govt.nz/Home.do

the William Nixon CHAPMAN who married in 1901 is the son of William Nixon CHAPMAN and Eliza PASCOE.  And yes William Nixon Chapman (Senior) did marry both women.

Offline Eyeore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 14 October 12 07:37 BST (UK) »
Hi
Not sure if you are still looking for info on William Nixon CHAPMAN.  I am descended from his sister Ann Matilda Chapman.  William committee suicide in 1876 by throwing himself of the boat he was captaining.

I'm happy to give more information if you are still looking.

Rachel
My husband is a descendant of William Nixon Chapman and we are interested to find out any information on other siblings and their descendants. Also do you have any information on Robert Chapman and his wife Anne Nixon, William Nixon's parents from Middlesex.

Offline Eyeore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 28 October 12 23:41 GMT (UK) »
rachela,my husband william john Chapman is the great grandson of william nixon chapman the 1st.his grandfather was the only son of william nixon and eliza pascoe.I have info on the nz side, but would love to hear about Ann Matilda and the other siblings. Was william nixon chapman the only family member to go to nz.? I have Wm nixon chapman  in the militia in 1860 but no idea how he arrived there.Any info would be appreciated.
Eyeore :)

Offline Karen te

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 18 April 22 17:26 BST (UK) »
Hi tiff
I am related to William angland. The mayor of Timaru. I have a photo of him if you would like it

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 18 April 22 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Karen and welcome to RootsChat.

I am sorry to tell that Tiffany sadly died in 2012, we have marked her profile so someone would have been intouch with us to let us know.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk