Author Topic: Thame District - Waterperry  (Read 2795 times)

Offline JFK

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thame District - Waterperry
« on: Saturday 11 December 04 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi All Can SKS help me please?  I've just received a very bad copy of a marriage certificate and as far as I can see the place of residence at the time of marriage was Thursley/Thurmley or something similiar.  The marriage was conducted at Waterperry Parish Church in the Thame Registration district but I'm unable to find anywhere in the vicinity with anything like this name.  I have found mention of a place in Surrey but then that would beg the question did the residency law appy in 1849?   The persons it relates to are THOMAS KIMBER & MARY ANNE HICKS and took place by Banns on October 11 1849.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Jan

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thame District - Waterperry
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 December 04 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Thomley is a village in the Thame registration district. It is the only one close to your query.
Added later:
The Church in Waterperry is St. Mary the Virgin a 13th C Anglican church which is reputed to have some of the oldest glass windows still intact.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk