Author Topic: Simon and Johanna Mangan  (Read 17402 times)

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Simon and Johanna Mangan
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 29 January 08 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Gina

after reading your last mail again I took another look on the census pages, did you know that The Murphys were living with a Mangan family - Head Thomas in 1871, your Henry wasn't born then, I wanted to trace Henry up to 1901 just to see if his father in law Simon/James might be staying with them at any point but alas no ! Just Henry, Ellen and Kids.

Carol
O'GRADY - DUBLIN,TIPPERARY,& ENGLAND
DOOLEY - TIPPERARY, CO LAOIS
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
HARRIS- CLARE, CORK, & ENGLAND
BLANEY, DOYLE FURLONG -  WEXFORD
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

OTHER NAME INTERESTS - MORAN ,CORBETT, LILLIS, MCGERRY, MCNAMARA, MCGRANE, BRENNAN.....All County Clare & Scattery Island

Offline ginny44

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 29 January 08 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol

I have sent an e-mail to the parish church you mentioned but as of yet not received a reply.  When and if I do I shall let you know if they find anything.

I do have a copy of Ellen and Henry's marriage cert  but foolishly didn't copy on to disc/hard drive, or print off any of they census, so I can't remember what I found when I had access to Ancestry last year.

I shall root out the marriage cert and anything else I have a let you know tomorrow.

Thanks for your help and interest, have a good evening.

Gina

Offline pottergenealogy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 28 September 08 19:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Gina,

I wonder if you could get in touch with me regarding Simon Mangan & Johanna.

Simon is my wifes 2nd Great grandfather and I have some family history and a tree for you to view.

Moderator comment: e-mail address removed to prevent spamming and other abuse.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses etc.  Thanks

Kind Regards,
Tom.

Offline pottergenealogy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 28 September 08 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Gina,

After reading all the posts in this section I have found this info do you think this might help

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

I found this on this website maybe looking for the Mangan name in Ireland will bring up more results if you look under Mangin

===============================================================================

MANGIN: Thomas
b: 21 Dec 1842 Co. Clare, Ireland/d. 08 Mar 1928
p: Daniel and Bridget (nee Mulqueen) Mangin
m: 21 Feb. 1871 (co. mar. index. v.4 p.50)
to: Hanora Mullins (aka Nora, Honora)
b: 20 Nov 1846 Co. Clare, Ireland/d. 24 Dec 1936
p: Patrick 'Patt' and Bridget 'Biddy' (nee Barry) Mullins (both bon Co. Clare)
children:
   Daniel Henry/b: 13 Dec 1873 (co. bir. index v.1-A p.262)

Thomas and Hanora Mangin are buried at Calvary Cem., Manitowoc #43 (see Mancin)
(Hanora Mullins was researcher's great-grand aunt - see contributors' page)

Best Regards,
Tom.

Offline ginny44

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 30 September 08 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom

Do you think this Thomas is "Simon Mangan" or a relation.  The census says he was born 1838, so the date 1842 is within range, and that Honora Mullins is Johanna?

I have also sent you an e-mail.

Kind regards.

Gina

Offline margaretspearin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gerald Mangan Davis son of Margaret and Oren Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My Mam is a Mangan from Co Clare. Her dad was John Mangan born in Bunratty Co Clare in 1882. His dad was from Killuran Co Clare and married Mary Hayes from Bunratty. The problem is that my grandad was the only surviving male in the family and had only 1 daughter, my mam, so the name has died out. it would be great to know that there are other Mangans out there from the same line.
Any help would be appreciated

Margaret
Spearin - Mangan- Considine- O'Brien- Maschmann- O'Reilly - Corry - Hackett - Naughton  Davis - and many more

Offline margaretspearin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Gerald Mangan Davis son of Margaret and Oren Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 30 December 08 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My Mam is a Mangan from Co Clare. Her dad was John Mangan born in Bunratty Co Clare in 1882. His dad was from Killuran Co Clare and married Mary Hayes from Bunratty. The problem is that my grandad was the only surviving male in the family and had only 1 daughter, my mam, so the name has died out. it would be great to know that there are other Mangans out there from the same line.

Margaret

Further to my post my grandads 2 sisters Agnes and Delia Mangan also emigrated to Merseyside. They lived in Chester for most of their adult lives. Agnes married there and Delia lived with her sister and husband . both sisters died in the 1970's. Agnes grandchildren still live around the Chester area.

Margaret
Spearin - Mangan- Considine- O'Brien- Maschmann- O'Reilly - Corry - Hackett - Naughton  Davis - and many more

Offline ginny44

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margaret

I have sent you a pm.

Regards.

Gina

Offline Lauramullinsdinnage

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 11 May 21 21:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

Margaret

Further to my post my grandads 2 sisters Agnes and Delia Mangan also emigrated to Merseyside. They lived in Chester for most of their adult lives. Agnes married there and Delia lived with her sister and husband . both sisters died in the 1970's. Agnes grandchildren still live around the Chester area.

Margaret

Hi Margaret, I just found this post, my great grandfather Michael Mullins married  Bridget Mangan from Bunratty co Clare and her father was John Mangan. I wonder could these be the same family?