Author Topic: Help with my ancestors from Ireland please!!!!!  (Read 5072 times)

Offline Antrimite

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with my ancestors from Ireland please!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 December 23 10:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello, hopefully you still read this thread?  I know where Islandbawn is and I know where the Storey family grave is if that’s any help?  I also see Drumaul mentioned there, I have been in this graveyard not so long ago. 

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 December 23 11:54 GMT (UK) »

island bawn suggests Muckamore
over to you hoping others know the place

Maybe it's the townland of Islandbane in Muckamore C.P.
https://www.townlands.ie/antrim/massereene-lower/grange-of-muckamore/antrim-rural/islandbane/

I also see Drumaul mentioned there....

Do you mean the civil parish of Drummaul?
https://www.townlands.ie/antrim/drummaul/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Antrimite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 December 23 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Islandbawn is a townland between Templepatrick and Antrim.  I am familiar with Drumaul graveyard but the Church attached to that graveyard is not longer in existence.   Though I do suspect that the parish of Drumaul does still exist.  Drumaul is located just outside Randalstown which is Approx 5/8 miles away from Antrim town.

The graveyard I’m talking about is Approx 300 years old and contains both Anglican and Presbyterian burials right up to present day.

The Storey grave I mentioned earlier is in Muckamore and is called Oldstone Graveyard, again this is a very old grave yard going back Approx 400 years. It is Approx 500 metres from the area that locals would refer to as Islandbawn.

The Storey grave with the John Storey (The United Irishman) burial in it has a few family members in it.  I have access to a map of Oldstone but it does not contain any names, just numbers.  I have access to a map of Templepatrick that contains names and plot numbers.

Offline Jon_ni

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile