Author Topic: Kildonan Marriage please  (Read 9235 times)

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Kildonan Marriage please
« on: Wednesday 11 July 07 01:17 BST (UK) »
Help needed  to find the marriage of Roberta McKenzie to John Macintosh  ???

first child born 1890   ( Alexander )

Adam 1892
Minnie 1896
John 1898
Alice 1900
all at Kildonan Sutherland

Elizabeth

McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline capricorn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kildonan Marriage please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 July 07 09:14 BST (UK) »
Doing a free search on SP shows a marriage for John MCINTOSH and Roberta MACKENZIE in Kildonan, Sunderland in 1889
Census information Crown Copyright, from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 July 07 09:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Maisie_Campbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 March 09 18:53 BST (UK) »
Hello I am the Grandaughter of Roberta McKenzie and John MacIntosh.  I think Roberta died two years after the birth of Adam. Their first child was Alexandrina (Ina).  Their second child Adam was my father.  After the death of Roberta, John married Margaret McLeod and had Minnie, John Hugh, Alice and William (Bill).

Minnie and Alice never married.  John died of wounds in WW1. Bill married Helen and had Anne and John. John died in Canada in his thirties.

I haven't got a computer of my own but if you have any information about my Grandmother please reply or if you have any questions.

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 15:44 BST (UK) »
First of all may I welcome you to rootschat
I'm sure what ever or whoever you are looking forsomeone in  root chat will help you as they have with me

I am sorry you are not on the internet ,but thats not a problem I am going to PM you

Elizabeth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 16:29 BST (UK) »
My grt Grandfather was Adam McKenzie born Helmsdale in 1853
I can take you back quite a bit with the Gordon's and the McKenzie's
My maiden name Elizabeth McKenzie born 1938

Will get back to you soon

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 20:35 BST (UK) »
Help needed here please
I have been into Scotlandpeople to see if I could find Roberta's death but nothing coming up is there another way to find her death please
Maisie thinks she died two years after young Adams birth 

Elizabeth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 21:06 BST (UK) »
Maisie
please can you give me Bills birth date as in Scotland people there are quite a few deaths that could fit his
Elizabeth

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 01 April 09 11:19 BST (UK) »
Maisie

Please look at Alice born 1900 date 26th September 2008

on Sutherland thread

Elizabeth