Author Topic: mary wilson (canonbie) look up Death  (Read 2763 times)

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
mary wilson (canonbie) look up Death
« on: Thursday 12 July 07 04:28 BST (UK) »
i am looking for the following lady .  i can't find a record of her death  nor can i see her on the 1841 census .( or have i just over looked her )

Mary Wilson   ( i think born 01/11/1792 canonbie??)

poss parents  William Wilson  & Margaret Murray

1851 census   has her as head of house 

1851 unmarried    sick nurse  birnie/canonbie  aged 58    ref 4/26

also living with her  there is her son William little .

would love to find her earlier to see if any other  "natural" children  !!!!!!!

any help  or suggestion's  welcome
LANCASHIRE :Kirkby Ireleth, Denney,Denny,Savage,Walker,Cooke,Singleton.       & Hornby/Gressingham/Heysham,  Nicholson,Mason,Clifton,Dodd.<br />WESTMORLAND: Beck,Nicholson,Airey,Armer,Herd,Langhorn,Chapman,Tyson.<br />YORKSHIRE :  Stephenson,Nicholson.<br />SCOTLAND. Canonbie,   Little,Hogg<br />IRELAND  Gallagher,Gilbert

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: mary wilson (canonbie) look up Death
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 July 07 09:07 BST (UK) »
1841   Wilson   Mary   F   45   Canobie   

I believe that on the 41 census it was usual to round ages up or down to the nearest 5. So this is likely to be her, as she was 58 in '51.

Death.

Two possibilities from Scotlands people. If she was a nurse she may have moved after the last census.

1857   Wilson   Mary   Logan   Archibald   F   65   KIRKCONNEL   
1858   Wilson   Mary Ann   Ramage       F   65   WANLOCKHEAD

There is always the chance she died before 1855. :(

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline adrian denney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 July 07 18:44 BST (UK) »
thanks     
so on the 1841 is she listed as living with any one else ??

also

if she died between 1851 and 1855   are the deaths of this period recorded any where ?
LANCASHIRE :Kirkby Ireleth, Denney,Denny,Savage,Walker,Cooke,Singleton.       & Hornby/Gressingham/Heysham,  Nicholson,Mason,Clifton,Dodd.<br />WESTMORLAND: Beck,Nicholson,Airey,Armer,Herd,Langhorn,Chapman,Tyson.<br />YORKSHIRE :  Stephenson,Nicholson.<br />SCOTLAND. Canonbie,   Little,Hogg<br />IRELAND  Gallagher,Gilbert

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 July 07 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I'm afraid you'll have to buy credit on Scotspeople to discover that. Mine ran out. Or, some kind researcher, with the CDRom, may look it up for you.

As far as I know deaths aren't recorded before that time. Headstones may be listed if you have a cemetery in mind. More experienced folk using this board will be able to make suggestions.

Take care,

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams