Author Topic: BARROWAY DROVE  (Read 4062 times)

Offline srayner

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BARROWAY DROVE
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 March 19 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

We are working on a new history website for Barroway Drove which will hopefully be launched very soon, maybe spring/summer this year (2019).

The will be a page dedicated to the school. If your photo does not end up on there please let us know. If anyone has information of photographs related to the history of Barroway Drove then it would be great if they could be included.

There will also be a page (or pages) dedicated to the people that lived there so family history is very relevant.

Luella, what's your connection with the village/school?

Steve

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 March 19 14:50 GMT (UK) »
The mention of Barroway Drove brought back a forgotten memory but one which changed my driving forever. Driving east on the A1122 towards Downham Mkt. through the village, which is a set of sweeping bends, I rounded the final one as a toddler wandered straight out of her garden into the middle of the road. If I had been at the 40mph limit I would have been unable to avoid her but thankfully, I was (for once) driving sensibly.

"We all obey the speed limit in our own village!"
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline Gemma Walker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 July 19 23:11 BST (UK) »
My Grandads side of the family originate from around the Barroway Drove Area, including Nordelph and Stow Bardolph. Surname Pearce if any connections? :)