Author Topic: M I's Great Driffield  (Read 9196 times)

Offline judyb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
M I's Great Driffield
« on: Saturday 14 July 07 20:17 BST (UK) »
Would anyone be able to help with a Memorial Inscription  look up for Great Driffield please?

I am interested in any REASTON entries,particularly Edward who died about 1810/1811 and his wife Elizabeth.

Thank you.

Judith

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: M I's Great Driffield
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 July 07 02:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Judith:

Have the MI book for the driffield cemetery and it has listed the following Reastons, Anne, Beatrix, Edward, Eliza, Jane Grace, Johnx2, Julia Georgiana, Thomas.

Would you like the information??  The Edward is not the one you wanted.

Cheers
Anne
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton

Offline judyb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 July 07 02:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne,

Yes please,I would love all the Reaston's you mentioned,they are all related to the Edward and Elizabeth I mentioned.

Wonder where Edward and Elizabeth would be buried,as far as I know they spent their whole lives in Great Driffield.

I appreciate your help.

Best wishes.

Judith

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 July 07 20:03 BST (UK) »
Judith:

Will send the information to you, it is possible that Edward and Elizabeth are buried there but have not headstone or what about Little Driffield???

Cheers
Anne
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss

Offline judyb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 July 07 20:14 BST (UK) »
I look forward to receiving the details.I guess they could be in Little Driffield,though they appear to have been in Great Driffield all their lives.

Judith

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 17 July 07 04:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Judith:

Here is the information:

In affectionate remembrance of Julia Georgiana youngest daughter (of the late) John Reaston adn Beatrix his wife who died Sept. 22 1895 aged 71 years. Also Edward only son of the above John and Beatrix Reaston who died Dec. 5 1897 agead 78 years. Jance Grace Reaston who died Nov. 6 1902 aged 84 years.

In affectionate remembrance of Eliza second daughter of the late John Reaston and Beatrix his wife who died Sep.22 1884 aged 69 years. Also Mary Jane wife of C.M. Bell Esq/Secretary to the London Chartered Bank of Australia & third daughter of the above who died Sept. 18 1890 aged 73 years.

In loving memory of Thomas Reaston of Mount Villa Great Driffield formerly of Carnaby who departed this life July 17 1892 aged 73 years With Christ which is far better. Also of Anne relict of the above who passed away Jan. 9 1807 aged 66  years. Thy will be done..

Hope this is of some help to you...  My dad was born in Driffield, Yks.

Cheers
Anne
Shropshire - Hotchkiss

Offline judyb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 17 July 07 04:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne,

Thanks so much for the Reaston M I's.They are a great help in researching this family and I appreciate your help.

My mother's family is from Beverley and surrounding area,I used to visit Driffield with my grandfather,when I was very young.........many years ago !

Thanks again.

Judith

Offline judyb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 00:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne,

I was just going through the notes I made from the Parish Records for Great Driffield,it seems that occasionally Reaston was written as Ruston,were there any Rustons in the M I's?

Best wishes.

Judith

PS were there any Jeffersons or Shepherdsons?

Offline Edmund

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 01:11 BST (UK) »
If they were buried in 1810/11 they will be in the churchyard not the cemetery, as this wasn't opened until 1865.
All the headstones have been cleared away and laid at the back. Have you checked the burial register for All Saints?
There are no Headstones at Little Driffield for this name.