Author Topic: Richard and Phillis HICKMAN went to Tasmania  (Read 11293 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Richard and Phillis Hickman went to Tasmania
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 21 November 07 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi toni

I have a feeling they may well have known of each other, cousins of cousins and all that.

I'm not succeeding in finding a proper birth for Richard at all  :-\

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 21 November 07 20:28 GMT (UK) »
you know on IGI there is a submitted entry for your Richard Hickman b. 11 Mar 1839 Hellingly father Richard Hickman mother Phyllis Fennell (sic) died 28 April 1891

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 21 November 07 20:29 GMT (UK) »
no i can't find mine either

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 21 November 07 20:31 GMT (UK) »
you know on IGI there is a submitted entry for your Richard Hickman b. 11 Mar 1839 Hellingly father Richard Hickman mother Phyllis Fennell (sic) died 28 April 1891

Yes there are a few submitted entries on IGI for Richard but nothing substantial, they can't agree and I don't trust them!

My visit to Lewes is beckoning!

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 21 November 07 20:39 GMT (UK) »
very wise not to trust them i was thinking of going to Lewes too but its Finding the time before Christmas

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 21 November 07 20:42 GMT (UK) »
I know just what you mean, however if I don't go soon I'm going to collect so much to look up that I shall need to take a sleeping bag with me!

Kerry

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 22 November 07 01:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kerry

So please the information eventually arrived & certainly interesting - much better than a certificate (although not being able to find the later is always frustrating!). I guess they didn't have a lot of choice re travelling to Australia - go now or we won't support you any further!!

With the parish union sending out their poor and the govt sending out their convicts, there was probably much saddness when the colonies eventually decided they want to select their own immigrants  ;D  ;D

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 22 November 07 08:24 GMT (UK) »
Trish

For me thats half the joy of finding out these people, finding the truths or imagining the truths behind bland sentences like the Parish Union paid for them to migrate to Australia.  Apparently the Union paid the fare for Phyllis and all the children but Richard had to pay his own way.

We think we have it tough these days  ::)

Kerry

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 22 November 07 08:52 GMT (UK) »

With the parish union sending out their poor and the govt sending out their convicts,
Trish

would mean England was full of rich law abiding citizens!