Author Topic: FREEMAN-HORNE AND STAPLEY  (Read 2306 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FREEMAN-HORNE AND STAPLEY
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 08:57 BST (UK) »
.....so to continue

Looking back at the death list above. Using the same link, we can find the births of some of these people. Now 1837-1984 is not so simple, it is a case of actually searching through the indxes page by page (alphabetical) within each quarter within each year. But I can tell you, with a name like Freeman-Horne it is a doddle!

For Dorothy, Emliy and Ethel there is no sign of their births around the dates given. So, we can fairly safely assume that they got the F-H name by marriage (that will be the next thing to look for!)

Whilst looking I did come across a
Gertrude M bn Oct/Nov/Dec 1901 Camberwell ref 1d 959

But here are births for the rest:
April/MAy/June 1912
Neville W
mothers maiden name Rogers,
Dartford, ref 2a 1145

Ap/MAy/Jun 1934
Peter R
mothers maiden name Stapley (there you are!!)
Eastbourne ref 2b 109

Jan/Feb/Mar 1908
Roger W
Dartford 2a 580 (no mums maiden names pre 1911)

So - there is your Stapley link, and also it seems 'Roger' has become quite a family name, and that could come from the Rogers that Neville married.

I have stopped there, but hopefully given you a taster as to what can be found very easily. It does get harder!
I would suggest you look for some marriages next, and maybe send for some birth certs if you really want to be able to piece them all together and find who is who's child etc.

HAppy hunting!!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kin-getter

• RootsChat Senior
  • "I grow old ever learning new things"
    • View Profile
Re: FREEMAN-HORNE AND STAPLEY
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 10:15 BST (UK) »
Very much obliged to you for all your help.  I think within that material there'll probably be sufficient to act as a 'trigger' to help my elderly lady recall some details.

Thanks again.  Wonderful help.

James.
Ayrshire: Craig, Orr.