Author Topic: 1861 Census Lookup Request - TIMS  (Read 1852 times)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Census Lookup Request - TIMS
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 July 07 14:34 BST (UK) »
There is a likely looking brood on the IGI which might give some help as to exact birthplaces, some of the older ones might have been baptised Eversholt and Husborne Crawley.  Two Thomas's, maybe one died.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 July 07 14:55 BST (UK) »
Kingston, Sussex
James Timms Head Widr 44 Ag Lab Bedfordshire Woburn
Sarah daur 15 Sussex Falmer
Elizabeth daur 9 " "
RG10; Piece: 1071; Folio: 59; Page: 1

Kingston, Sussex
Benjamin and Frances Back, with Stepson William Norman
William Timms Lodger Unm 18 Ag Lab Bedfordshire Woburn
John Timms Lodger Unm 16 " " "
RG10; Piece: 1071; Folio: 60; Page: 3

Duck End, Stevington, Bedfordshire
Charles Turney Head Unm 42 Farmer 166 acres Employing 4 men and 3 boys Beds Husborne Crawley
Henry Timms Nephew Unm 28 Ag Lab Beds Woburn
RG10; Piece: 1540; Folio: 64; Page: 29

20 Farm Road, Hove, Sussex
William Timms Head M 31 Ag Lab Bedfordshire Woburn
Elizabeth Wife M 33 Sussex Hellingly
RG10; Piece: 1091; Folio: 51; Page: 21

16 Lans? Street, Hove, Sussex
John Timms Head M 38 Ag Lab Bedfordshire Woburn
Mary Wife M 38 Sussex Ditchley
Mary A daur 10 " Hove
Ellen daur 8 " "
Emily F " 1 " "
J Wakeford Boarder Unm 21 Bricklayer " Mundel
RG10; Piece: 1091; Folio: 67; Page: 53

I don't see Joseph either, nor Thomas. 

But I have found father!

21 Farm Road, Hove, Sussex
Joseph Timms Head Mar 71 Ag Lab Bedfordshire Ridgemount
RG10; Piece: 1091; Folio: 51; Page: 22
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 July 07 16:52 BST (UK) »
Blimey Mary,
you have been busy ;D
Many,many thanks for all the info it's wonderful.
I had a look at Eversholt and Husborne Crawley on the IGI and like you I think thats the same family.There were obviously 2 Thomas'.
As for litle Elizabeth,the little 8 year old granddaughter on the 1851 census?I wonder if she was the daughter Mary Ann's illegitimate child?
I found all about this particular branch of my Timms family from the Bedford Gaol database and it's such a sad story.
On the 1851 census Joseph is working ,as we now know at Park Parm,Woburn.Actually part of the Woburn Abbey Estate belonging to the Duke of Bedford.In April 1852,for some reason,along with his son's Thomas and John he steals 3 bushel and a half of potatoes belonging to the Duke of Bedford.Looking at the records he had actually made it to being the Farm Bailff in 1852 and he  went and did that on what was obviously the Woburn Abbey Estate,got caught and his family lost everything.Everybody then worked in Woburn and Ridgemont for the Duke of Bedford he was absolutely crazy .Heaven only knows why he attempted to do it.It changed his and the whole of his families life.
Trisha ;D ;D ;D

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 10:42 BST (UK) »
I'd be interested if he gave any reason for doing that - presumably you have checked court records, were there any newspaper accounts that might have quoted what he said?

Offline TrishaG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary,
no I havn't gone into it that deeply but it would be interesting to know.3 and a half bushels  is only just over 3  and a 1/2  of those large potato sacks that we buy today.It hardly seems worth it.Perhaps he was selling them on.He couldn't have been without money and needing them for food for his familysurely.As Farm Bailiff he was better paid than anyone on the farm.I think I need to to look on the Bedfordshire Archives site.

Trisha ;D ;D ;D