Author Topic: Translation Help!!!  (Read 4833 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Translation Help!!!
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 July 07 09:22 BST (UK) »
I agree with the interpretation of the others.
The 2 names on the posted section are Henry Rowland and Lance Hammond.
Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline joppo1968

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 4 x GGrandfather Joseph Boultbee (1758-1821)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 July 07 14:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Lones,

I have contacted the Maldon Cemetery & there is a burial for Charles Wright in 1858 but it is the other one, dofferent parents to "my" Charles. Wow, you guys have done some good work while I've belatedly come back!

Mike.
Jopson, Jubb, Jeffrey, Beardsworth, Boultbee, Byard, Pithers, Sale, Dowling, Dunn, Harrison, Offor, McDonald, Morgan, Walters, Wise. Alexander, Bayne, Collins, Dalton, Hill, Turner, Ripper, Vivash, Collins.

Offline joppo1968

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 19 July 07 14:30 BST (UK) »
Yep, you're correct Christine with "my" Charles being 36, parents, Thomas & Ann. Small world with 2 Charles Wright's dying in the Maldon area in the same year hey?

Mike.
Jopson, Jubb, Jeffrey, Beardsworth, Boultbee, Byard, Pithers, Sale, Dowling, Dunn, Harrison, Offor, McDonald, Morgan, Walters, Wise. Alexander, Bayne, Collins, Dalton, Hill, Turner, Ripper, Vivash, Collins.

Offline joppo1968

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 19 July 07 14:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks for Posting the JPEG Trish & I agree now that it was Maldon (that's what I thought initially & when I contactedMaldon Cemetery & they said only the 1 Charles Wright, I went back to the PDF & in my endeavor to establish something other than Maldon...over analised it into Henry Bowland!  ;D I agree it's the same Henry Bowland as the informant along with Cicely.

Now on that PDF I sent you Trish, it lists Charle's father's occupation as what I think is "Grocer." Can you check it out & let me know what you think it is please?

Thanks,

Mike.

P.s. To all others who PM'd me...thank you forthe offers but I think you've all helped on here now, so please don't think I'm being rude by not sending you the file?  ;)

Offline joppo1968

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 19 July 07 14:41 BST (UK) »
Just me again Christine,

I agree with a burial for Charle's outside of a conventional cemetery. They wouldn't have had a lot of money, as both had migrated from England on different ships in 1853. So, he may have had a simple burial. Cicely went back to England in 1858 after Charle's death & Rootchatters have helped me find her & her 2 daughters shipping records at PROV & her 2nd marriage & 1861-1901 England census records. I've yet to find her post 1901 death in England though, although post 1900 deaths are harder to find.

Mike (yet again!!)

Offline joppo1968

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 19 July 07 14:42 BST (UK) »
Hey Cassie,

Thanks for the link to Lis Allan!! I'll drop her a line & seewhat she can dig up (scuse the pun!)  :P

Mike.

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 20 July 07 02:46 BST (UK) »
Just me again Christine,

I agree with a burial for Charle's outside of a conventional cemetery. They wouldn't have had a lot of money, as both had migrated from England on different ships in 1853. So, he may have had a simple burial. Cicely went back to England in 1858 after Charle's death & Rootchatters have helped me find her & her 2 daughters shipping records at PROV & her 2nd marriage & 1861-1901 England census records. I've yet to find her post 1901 death in England though, although post 1900 deaths are harder to find.

Mike (yet again!!)

Do you know if they owned much land Mike - my ggrandfather buried a couple of his children on the edge of his private property - I'll post the occupation  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 20 July 07 02:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike

I think the father's occupation is Groom. I also think, from how the certificate is written that his mother may well have been Ann Wright (same maiden name as married name) There is no "unknown" listed.
Are you trying to find the family in England - or do you have these details?

Trish

NB FreeBDM is now up to about 1915, so keep checking for your death.

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 20 July 07 03:05 BST (UK) »
This may be Charles in 1851  HO107/1479 774/6 - but it seems this Charles may be married with a couple of children  ???  ??? Could he have left & become a sailor?

Middlesex Westminister St John the Evangelist
4 Charlewood Street
Thomas Wright head M 64 carpenter jour Midx West
Ann do wife M 66 Surrey
Charles do son M 30 carpenter jour Midx West
MaryAnn do daur U 27 do do
Georgina do daur U 24 do do
Emma do gdaur 5 scholar do do
maryAnn do gdaur 3 do do

Trish