Author Topic: Margaret Henderson b1823  (Read 4277 times)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Margaret Henderson b1823
« on: Wednesday 18 July 07 20:20 BST (UK) »
I'm searching for the marriage date, partner's details and any children of Margaret Henderson born 7 Jun 1823 at Moreham according to the IGI, daughter of Robert and Janet, in what was Haddingtonshire.
Her parents and younger siblings were in Sussex in 1841 but I've been unable to locate Margaret. Please help to solve the mystery.
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Henderson b1823
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 20:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Cockneyrebel,

There's a marriage for a Margaret Henderson to Andrew Lisle in Dunbar, 30th December 1838. The family are in Haddington by the 1841 census, with five children (Helen - 12, James - 10, Margaret - 6, Sarah - 3 and Robert - 3 months). Any family names in there? :)

hume24

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 21:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Hume24,
Would she have been a bit young at 15 to have married in 1838? Were there any rules about age at marriage in those days? Perhaps she would've been his 2nd wife as she'd have been 6 when Helen was born? Her father was Robert but I don't know a Sarah in the family.
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline hume

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 21:39 BST (UK) »
Oops, confusion in my original post. That was the 1851 census, but as you say, still a bit young for marriage and the children. I obviously got my ages mixed up! :-[

hume24

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 22:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Hume24,
Thanks anyway-please keep trying.
CR