Author Topic: Robert Henderson b1819  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Henderson b1819
« on: Wednesday 18 July 07 21:13 BST (UK) »
Trying to trace Robert Henderson b 26/12/1819 in Moreham, E.Lothian who married initially Agnes (b 28/6/1826 at Carmylie)  nee Addison 22/10/1847 at Arbroath and lived there, after Agnes's death, he remarried Marjory Strachan nee Dewar ( b 15/5/1840 at Dundee) 15/1/1861 again at Arbroath.
He had 5 children, his new wife and his sister, Elisabeth living with him at 1861 census in Arbroath.
However after 1861 I cannot trace him or any of that family from 1861.
Help would be gratefully received to get past the wall!
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Henderson b1819
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 July 07 15:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

Like you I can find nothing census wise after 1861 for any of this family. I looked in Ancestry and Scotland's People. I have also checked the English census records.

I can't find a death cert for Robert or Marjory either on Scotland's People and as any death would have to have happened after 1855 when death records were madatory this suggests to me they had left Scotland. Nor am I finding any for their children which convinces me even more.

Given Robert's job it is possible they went overesas but where to is the $64m question.

Sorry can't help more. It may be worth posting this on the emmigration board as someone with worldwide Ancestry would be able to check the shpping records. Fraid mine is only UK and they aren't available to me.

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Henderson b1819
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 July 07 18:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann,
You seem to have a lot of info at your fingertips-thanks very much for confirming my suspicians although I'd have preferred for them to have been found here or in God's ain country.
Could you have a look at my other posts on the East Lothian and Midlothian boards if you have time regarding other Hendersons' I've lost!
CR
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.