Author Topic: ancestry site  (Read 7933 times)

Offline gabbers

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Edward & Minnie Fox (my gr grandparents)
    • View Profile
Re: ancestry site
« Reply #18 on: Friday 20 July 07 17:36 BST (UK) »
They could have had the decency to let people know. Not very good loyalty is it?  >:(
Chaplin(Cheshire/Lancs), Watson(Lancs), Tredrea(Lancs/Cornwall), Budgen(Lancs/Sussex), Dickinson(Lancs)

Offline kassie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 20 July 07 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I only started looking for my ancestors in February and was enjoying using Ancestry. I have not used the 14 day free trial.  Are there any strings attached to using this free trial.

thanks

kassie

Offline scouse_mouse_2000uk

• RootsChat Senior
  • G Grandparent's Lewis
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 20 July 07 21:59 BST (UK) »
Just remember to cancel before it ends, otherwise they will take the money from your account, Lynn
I am researching the following names.....Owen/s-Holyhead, Rimmer/Lewis-West Derby, Wood/s/Hayter-Toxteth

indiapaleale

« Reply #21 on: Friday 20 July 07 22:07 BST (UK) »
They could have had the decency to let people know. Not very good loyalty is it?  >:(

It was FREE........LOL

In business, loyalty is reserved for paying customers....I think!

It was bound to happen sooner or later......but....to look at the BMDs at the local library is still free......unless you count the petrol and parking!

Indi
 :) :) :)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 20 July 07 22:22 BST (UK) »
but....to look at the BMDs at the local library is still free......unless you count the petrol and parking!

Unfortunately such things are not available at my local library or even the large ones a bit further away. The nearest LDS library is never open at the times it's supposed to be and probably wouldn't matter much if they were open because they have lost the collection of local microfilms that they were supposed to be sharing with another LDS library.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Pegasuss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 21 July 07 21:43 BST (UK) »
Perhaps they are trying to make $$$ before the GRO brings out their new index - is that going to have an associated charge I wonder.

Trish

I think You Hit the Nail on The Head! :-[

The same thing as happened with a few other Family History Sites that Used to be Free (MyFamily,com to name but One, which was Free till bought out by A.N. Other Company!) >:( >:( >:(

Hertzberger, Highton, Walker, Eaton, Webster, Brown, Wright, Speed, Dodd, Holland, Melling, Murphy, Edwards, Bennett, Collins, Critchley, Duffy, Owens, Morgan & Humphreys

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 21 July 07 22:59 BST (UK) »
Yes i have been having problems too,

I cannot access the entire list from home for the BMD but can from work (well i could on Thursday) and i can access the partial list from home ok. :-\

the whole list is trying to get me to sign up for the trial - which i have already had (twice under two different email addresses!) he he  :D

when i go to work again next week i will try again to access the full list and see what happens

i thought the BMD list was free regardless, can you access it elsewhere other then Ancestry and FreeBMD?  ???

incidentally when deos the GRO list come out? ???

maybe we should all send our BMD refernces to FreeBMD so they can add these to their lists to help them complete it further, mind you as a lot of mine came from there anyway i don't know if it would help them much!  ;D
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline scouse_mouse_2000uk

• RootsChat Senior
  • G Grandparent's Lewis
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 21 July 07 23:09 BST (UK) »
That would be a good idea. I have had quite a few over time from the full BMD and my cousin has also been doing our mutual tree, her father's and her husbands side. If we all did this it would help them further. Lynn
I am researching the following names.....Owen/s-Holyhead, Rimmer/Lewis-West Derby, Wood/s/Hayter-Toxteth

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 22 July 07 00:45 BST (UK) »
See also 
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,244551.0.html

The BDMs are definitely no longer free to view  :'(  :'(

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk