Author Topic: Going to Chichester RO this week, will do look ups  (Read 5890 times)

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Going to Chichester RO this week, will do look ups
« on: Thursday 19 July 07 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,

I'm off to Chichester RO tomorrow and I am willing to do look ups for anyone as long as there is sufficient info to work with as my time will be limited.

I already have a couple of RC requests but should have time for a few more.  Get your request in by 9am Friday (BST) as I will not check the pc after then!  :)

Best Wishes
Legs
xxxx

EDIT - providing the weather isn't too bad this week I will be going to Chichester RO on Wed or Thurs!
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Chichester RO tomorrow (Friday) will do look ups
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 July 07 18:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Legs

That's a very kind offer  ;D I have quick request, would you mind checking the parish register for Twineham for a Jane Lewry born 1788.  I have tried various parishes around and come up with nothing so far and Twineham is another one to tick off the list.

Possible parents John and Sarah married at Twineham in 1785.

I would be very grateful if you could have a quick look.

thank you

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Stovepipe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Daddy Stovepipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 July 07 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Legs,

What a generous offer!

I'd be really grateful for as much info as possible on a marriage at Goring, 12 December 1842 - ages, parents, witnesses, occupations, whether signed or made mark, etc.  Bride: Frances Keeping; Groom: George Field.  I'd also be interested in how the bride's surname is spelled - it may be "Kipping".

The fiche reference is Par 92 / 1 / 3 / 1 or 2.  (Sorry there are two reference numbers, but the date ranges in the index overlap - and the overlap covers the date of the marriage!)

Thanks in advance,
Stovepipe
Census information is Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Uncle Reff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • It's Déjà vu, all over again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 July 07 06:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Legs,

You are most kind  :D

From the IGI:

Richard REFFELL married Mary LASHLEY on 4 May 1795 at St Peter Chichester.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could check these details and who the witnesses were. There may also be a comment as to it being her second marriage as well. Her previous husband was George LASHLEY (sometimes spelt LESHLEY) who was 'press ganged' and is rumoured to have died at sea.

Once again many thanks - John
Researching: Reffell, Rattle, Summerhayes, Dane, Masset, Burchatt & Leshley... & Jones!

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 July 07 17:52 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,

Unfortunately due to the bad weather and flash floods I've not been able to get to the RO today, however I will get there at some point over the ahem summer!  Please let me know if you find the info you are seeking in the near future otherwise I'll just go ahead and have a nosey for you all when I have some time. 

Sorry!!

Legs
xxxx
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline Uncle Reff

• RootsChat Veteran
  • It's Déjà vu, all over again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 July 07 17:57 BST (UK) »
Never mind Legs,

The thought was appreciated  :D

John
Researching: Reffell, Rattle, Summerhayes, Dane, Masset, Burchatt & Leshley... & Jones!

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 July 07 19:39 BST (UK) »
Very much appreciated and probably just as well you didn't venture out.  The conditions were not good today!!!!

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Stovepipe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Daddy Stovepipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 20 July 07 19:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks anyway for your kind offer, Legs.  I'll certainly let you know if I get the info in the meantime.

Regards,
Stovepipe
Census information is Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 23 July 07 16:42 BST (UK) »
Legs

Just to let you know I received a PM over the weekend from another Rootschatter with baptism for a Jenny Leury 1788 in Slaugham.  This is in probabilty my Jane Lewry.  The age fits and place of birth and I am convinced these are the right parents.  So thanks for your offer but you can cross mine off you list.

Kerry  ;D