Author Topic: Kilmore Genealogy  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Sordibub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Kilmore Genealogy
« on: Friday 20 July 07 17:43 BST (UK) »
For anyone with ancestors in Kilmore, Co Wexford, please visit my newly launched website...

http://www.kilmoregenealogy.com/

It contains the 1901 census, parish records 1752-1770, tithe applotment and various other Kilmore listings.

Rachel
Wexford & Donegal

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Kilmore Genealogy
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 November 07 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for posting the link to your website Rachel.

It certainly contains a lot of useful information for people with ancestors from that area of the county. 
I hope some of the members who have research interests in Kilmore have contacted you and offered
their services as researchers.

Christopher

Offline Sordibub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kilmore Genealogy
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 November 07 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christoper

Yes, unfortunately the site is only of interest to those with Kilmore ancestors but I am getting an increasing number of hits from those googling an ancestor's name. The index is good for that purpose. A lot of people know their ancestor came from Ireland but not where. I have heard from a number of people so far and have some of them listed as researchers on the site (with their permission).

In case anyone is nervous of contacting me, I don't ask people to do research or transcriptions when they contact. But I think it's a good idea to associate people with their ancestors on the site so that other long-lost cousins can find them. 

The Kilmore "catholic confirmation list" for 1865 went on the site today and the next piece coming is "baptisms 1828-1854" and the overdue "Kilturk 1901 census".

Thanks for your interest and I appreciate your efforts in letting people know about the site.

Rachel
Wexford & Donegal