Author Topic: Completed-Thomas and Mary Jardine nee Linton of Hoddam  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Completed-Thomas and Mary Jardine nee Linton of Hoddam
« on: Saturday 21 July 07 13:07 BST (UK) »
Greetings,

I am looking for any information on Janet Linton, married to Thomas Jardine - shoemaker.

She died at Gibsons Cottage Tundergarth in 1875.

Her parents were: Thomas Linton - a farmer - and Mary Linton nee Jardine.

I would like to find the burial place of Thomas and Mary. It is possibly Hoddam. Mary died 8 December 1843 at Upper Gimmenbie in Hoddam. I found her and family on the 41 census. Her husband is there then, but he isn't on the 51 census. I'm assuming he died during those 10 years.

Family on the '41 census are, Agnes 5, Catherine 2, Mary 3months, Mary 30, Mary 75, Sarah, Thomas 30 and Thomas 75.

I checked the inscriptions of Hoddam cemetery for Mary and Thomas, but none were listed. A death notice was placed in the Wigtownshire Free Press, which is odd as it isn't the Hoddam area.

The only Thomas Linton death was in the Dumfries Standard 1849. It was at Lockerbie and he was a Sheriff Officer. No age was mentioned.

There weren't many Lintons in the area. There has to be someone with a connection out there.

Jamjar

MARY BURIED WITH HUSBAND'S FAMILY IN APPLEGARTH CEMETERY.
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams