Author Topic: CHAMBERLAIN(E) - Harbury, WAR.  (Read 3289 times)

Offline WaterNymph

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
CHAMBERLAIN(E) - Harbury, WAR.
« on: Sunday 12 December 04 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Hello to All.....

I've only just discovered RootsChat via one of the Rootsweb Mailing Lists and I love what I see so far! Anyway I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce my current Warwickshire interests as follows:

My GGGG Grandfather was John CHAMBERLAINE born c1762 in Harbury WAR. He married "Elizabeth" and together they had the following children, all christened in Harbury - John (ch. 1786), William (ch.1788), Henry (ch.1791), Elizabeth (ch.1791), Eliza (ch.1794) & Annette (ch.1797)

I believe that the entire family moved south to London/Middlesex c1810 - c1815 with William CHAMBERLAINE (ch.1788) marrying a Mary Ann BUTLER (b1794 Wapping, MDX) at St Boltoph's in Aldgate in 1816. They went on to have at least four children, details of which can be found on the London & Middlesex boards

Henry CHAMBERLAINE (ch.1791) married Mary Ann TINGLE (ch.1799 Chaseside, MDX) c1823. They went on to have numerous children in London of which I have details I would be more than happy to share

At this present time I do not have any further details for John (ch.1786), Elizabeth (ch.1791) or Eliza (ch.1794). The only other detail I have for Annette (ch.1797) is that she married a James FRANCIS in 1823 St Giles, Cripplegate, MDX

John CHAMBERLAINE (c1762) & "Elizabeth" are shown in an 1821 East London burial register

We believe that we have found an antry for John CHAMBERLAINE's (c1762) father as there is an 1828 St Nicholas Parish entry for a John CHAMBERLAINE of Harbury aged 80 something (details escape me right this second). However, he fits perfectly with what we do know about the family in the area

I would love to open discussions with anyone who is even remotely interested in the details listed above as I am sure that John CHAMBERLAINE (c1762) had brothers and sisters who would have stayed in the area

I look forward to hearing from you

Kindest Regards
Claire
Researching:
BRANFILL / BRANFIELD, CHAMBERLAINE, LIDDELL, LODDY, MACARTHY, PUZEY / PUSEY / PEWSEY, ROBERTS & TURNER

http://www.claireturner.com/Genealogy