Author Topic: The ashes register  (Read 3781 times)

Offline deespanner

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The ashes register
« on: Sunday 22 July 07 00:31 BST (UK) »

My husband works at the local Crematorium and has told me to let you all know that if you require any help researching names of loved ones that they have lost. You can email crematorium "at" northlincs.gov.uk who should be able to help you with most Cemeteries in the North Lincolnshire area.  Depending on what type of search you want there may be a charge.  I have also added the following information and link for anyone who may be interested. Dee       
THE ASHES REGISTER 
the ashesregister org            link broken 

THE NATIONAL REGISTER OF CREMATION AND BURIAL RECORDS 

YOUR FREE ENTRY
 Did you know that over 250,000 sets of Ashes are removed from crematoria each year?
 Most records concerning burials and cremations are held locally in computers or ledgers and                   searches may be charged for. However if the remains are removed from the Crematorium, there
is no official record of where a loved one is scattered, the register entry just stating ‘Ashes                  removed’

This information is being lost to future generations and future family history searches will keep
coming to a fruitless end.    
                                                                                   NOT ANY MORE…...      
      Listings in this National Register site are free. Details on your family and friends can be entered
                     as shown so that this information will be permanently retained.
·   Name                ●    Where Ashes are scattered, or grave details
·   Date and Place of Birth      ●    Why they are scattered there
·   Date and Place of Death       ●    Other family members on the site
●    Pictures of deceased (small fee payable)
Remember the information on this site will be stored forever, photos will not fade nor information
lost with the passing of time and generations.
Upload your family records today as no one knows what tomorrow holds!

The Ashes Register is a trading name of Online Data Archives Ltd, a company registered in England No 6256112.
 Registered office The White House, Oakendene Estate, Bolney Road, Cowfold, West Sussex, RH13 8AZ

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: The ashes register
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 October 13 14:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Dee,

I was unable to find anything of the ashes Register, do you know if it has been renamed?

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk