Author Topic: McCue /Stoneykirk  (Read 3183 times)

Offline sicknote

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McCue /Stoneykirk
« on: Sunday 22 July 07 10:49 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on a William McCue who was born abt 1839 in Stoneykirk Wightonshire.His parents were Edward McCue and Elizabeth Haggarty. He Married Elizabeth Campbell on the 7 Sept 1864 in Glasgow.I can not find him on the 1841 or the1851 census.Any Information on the McCue Family for the area would be appreciated.
Welch, robinsons,rogers,beson from durham
paterson,lanarkshire
morrow,co antrim
mckay,co cavan

Offline ankerdine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Scottish relatives sisters?
    • View Profile
Re: McCue /Stoneykirk
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 July 07 19:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Sicknote
I know this isn't quite what you wanted but it's the best I can do at present. Having spent a fortnight in June researching my family in Wigtownshire I found out quite a bit of information from monumental inscriptions. The Newton Stewart Library had a copy of the Stoneykirk Monumental Inscriptions book and I was allowed to photocopy the relevant pages for a small fee. Unfortunately, having checked the pages I copied, there is no mention of the names you are looking for. A number of the libraries around that area have the MI booklets and I believe you can buy one from the Dumfries and Galloway Family History Society in Dumfries.
Hope you find what you are looking for eventualy.
Blair, Marshall, Williamson - Ayrshire, Wigtownshire
Saxton, Sketchley - Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire
Brown, Green - Rutland
Hawker, Malone, Bradbury, Arnott, Turner, Woodings, Blakemore, Upton, Merricks - Warwickshire, Staffordshire
Silvers, Dudley, Worcs
Deakin - Staffordshire