Author Topic: Can anyone help be with a disappearing person?COMPLETED  (Read 6122 times)

Offline julieann1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help be with a disappearing person?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 July 07 22:20 BST (UK) »
hi monica
just this minute found that!  Going to find them on ancestry, Elizabeth's death date or one of the children's births would be a good cert to have
BELL;TWEEDIE;PITTILLO/PATTILLO;WATSON;JOHNSTONE;PALMER;MOFFAT:DOBIE;BEATTIE:-Dumfrieshire<br />HYSLOP;MANSON;CURRIE;JAMIESON;BEATTIE:-Ayr<br />HOOKER;DYSON;SEABROOKE;DYER;DREWELL;STOCKWELL;CRIPPS;-London<br />DEVOS:London, Belguim
BENDALL-Bristol<br />WOODEN/WOODIN;JARRETT-Surrey<br />MURCH;HARRIS;POPE:-Devon QUARM-Devon,London,Anywhere<br />RUMBLE;HIBBERD;-Wilts
MARTIN - Dorset,Somerset;
PITTUCK/PITTOCK:-Suffolk.
WILSON;BARNEY;WINDES/WINDERS;ELLIS - Yorkshire;MARSTON;HALLAM - Notts;

Offline julieann1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 July 07 23:13 BST (UK) »
As usual, have ended up with more questions than answers!

Elizabeth Hyslop and William Currie had the following children, according to the IGI:

William Currie b 1867 Riccarton
David Currie b1857 Riccarton
Jane Currie b 1860 Riccarton
Agnes Currie b1843 Craigie

In 1861 Agnes is a servant in Glasgow.

In 1871 John Currie (who appeared on the 1851 census) is head of househld in Kilmarnock, with borhter DAvid, 13, sister Mary, 24, brother William, 7, and niece Elizabeth Tanner, 5.

Still no proof that Elizabeth Currie nee Hyslop was daughter of David Hyslop and Agnes Harvey and therefore sister of Ann Hyslp
BELL;TWEEDIE;PITTILLO/PATTILLO;WATSON;JOHNSTONE;PALMER;MOFFAT:DOBIE;BEATTIE:-Dumfrieshire<br />HYSLOP;MANSON;CURRIE;JAMIESON;BEATTIE:-Ayr<br />HOOKER;DYSON;SEABROOKE;DYER;DREWELL;STOCKWELL;CRIPPS;-London<br />DEVOS:London, Belguim
BENDALL-Bristol<br />WOODEN/WOODIN;JARRETT-Surrey<br />MURCH;HARRIS;POPE:-Devon QUARM-Devon,London,Anywhere<br />RUMBLE;HIBBERD;-Wilts

Offline julieann1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 July 07 08:06 BST (UK) »
The Death Cert of Annie Hyslop is as follows:

Annie Hyslop, single, 1908 January thirty first, 9 h 30m am. 7 East Netherton Street, Kilmarnock. age 77 years. Parents David Hyslop, farm labourer (deceased) Agnes Hyslop m.s. Hervey (deceased). Cause of death Brochitis. Informant: Andrew Wilson, nephew by marriage, 28 Rennie Street (present)

Have no idea who Andrew Wilson, nephew by marriage is???   None of Annie Hyslop's siblings married a Wilson that I know of.  Her sisters Abigail, b 1813 and Elizabeth b1816 are the only 2 unaccounted for.

Offline julieann1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 23 July 07 09:11 BST (UK) »
Andrew Wilson of 28 Rennie St Kilmarnock was married to Agnes Currie daughter of William Currie and Elizabeth Hyslop.   Have their marriage cert.

Still need to prove that Elizabeth Hyslop is daughter of DAvid Hyslop and Agnes Harvey or Hervey.  But feel fairly confident about that.

Well done Monica! I would never have found the 1851 census return that has led to a whole branch of the Hyslop family that I knew nothing about.

Still would like to find Annie Hyslop in 1861 1871 1881 and 1891!

Julie

Offline Mazz89

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help be with a disappearing person?COMPLETED
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 January 20 16:44 GMT (UK) »
I came across this post by chance when I entered 9 Stockwell place into search . My granny. Agnes/Currie/peacock was born there in 1893 she has two birth entries with illegitimate & states Elizabeth Peacock fruit dealer as mother & Robert Currie fruit dealer as father. It is very confusing as I can’t find them Registered at this address. I can only find the tenants occupiers for 1885-1895 as being
Mary McNeil
Mary McClaughlan
Cathrine McClaughlan
Margaret Mulheron
Bernard McClaughlan
Margaret Galbraith
Benijamin Lewis
Thomas Marney.
Elizabeth Craig
1901 - Mary Dinning
I do believe down the line there could be Peacock/ Currie related in some way to some of the above.
 The next entire for my granny is her marriage to George Shotton  in 1914 she is named as Agnes peacock & her (father)down as William peacock (mother) Elizabeth peacock nee Currie. Both deceased Her address is down as 25 Candleriggs
This is what we know as true she was living with her stepfather Neil Bell. However we don’t know any information about how this came about we only know he was also a fruit dealer
They are also registered at 24 Stockwell street
My granny’s first born was Elizabeth bell Shotton born 1915 & died 1918 both related to this address along with Neil Bell his death is also down at this address
The next entire is for her daughter Mary Shotton born in 1917
Then her third born
George Shotton is down as being born 1923 in Calton
My mother was born 1926 in Newcastle upon Tyne. I know all of the family history for here.
I just can’t link my granny with the right Elizabeth peacock or Robert Currie . I do know they were all fruit dealers between 1893 & 1918.
I would be grateful for any missing links to the mystery surrounding 9 Stockwell place and how they were all related