Author Topic: Are you related to Isaac George Ash born 1856 ?  (Read 2669 times)

Offline SCH

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Are you related to Isaac George Ash born 1856 ?
« on: Sunday 22 July 07 20:59 BST (UK) »
Ash – I would very much like to hear from anyone descended from Isaac George Ash (George Isaac Ash), who was born on 1st May 1856 (Rugby, Warwickshire). His parents were Jacob Ash (born c1826 Rugby, Warwickshire) and Charlotte Hizzard (born c1830 Rugby, Warwickshire).

Isaac George Ash married Alice Elizabeth Shrimpton on 4th February 1884 at Maidstone Parish Church, Kent.

According to the 1901 Census, the family address was 64 Charter Street, Gillingham, Kent. The following children show; Arthur (born c1886), James (born 1891, my Great Grandfather), Ernest (born c1893) and Amy (born c1895).

If you are descended from any of the above children or any born after 1901, I’d be delighted to hear from you.

PM me if you think we might have some sort of match - yeah ok this is a long shot..............but if you don't ask, you don't know !

Thanks

Simon

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Are you related to Isaac George Ash born 1856 ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 July 07 19:58 BST (UK) »
Not a descendent or relative I'm afraid - just supplying information on Alice Elizabeth (Lizzie) Shrimpton born Maidstone 1863. She was the 4th child of 10 of Samuel Shrimpton 1st January 1820-1905 and Diana Lower circa 1839-1896. They married 20th April 1856 at st Stephen's Maidstone. Diana was local but Samuel was from Amersham Buckinghamshire.
Samuel joined the 10th Hussars in 1842, serving in India and briefly in the Crimean War before leaving the army in 1855. By 1861 he was working as an attendent at Barming Asylum.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SCH

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 July 07 20:03 BST (UK) »
Not a descendent or relative I'm afraid - just supplying information on Alice Elizabeth (Lizzie) Shrimpton born Maidstone 1863. She was the 4th child of 10 of Samuel Shrimpton 1st January 1820-1905 and Diana Lower circa 1839-1896. They married 20th April 1856 at st Stephen's Maidstone. Diana was local but Samuel was from Amersham Buckinghamshire.
Samuel joined the 10th Hussars in 1842, serving in India and briefly in the Crimean War before leaving the army in 1855. By 1861 he was working as an attendent at Barming Asylum.

Regards

Valda

Hi Valda.............we have already 'met' so to speak via e-mail last year.

You helped me loads, and corrected my error in mistaking Samuel Shrimpton with a 2nd Samuel Shrimpton.

Now one good turn deserves another - I have a copy of the inquest of Samuel Shrimpton from 1905 that was printed in the Kent Messenger.

Thanks

Simon

Please note - I have now e-mailed it to Valda - hopefully it's of use.

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 July 07 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hi, an Amy M Shrimpton married in Maidstone in Q4 1913 (so your Amy would have been 18/19) to a Mr Bush 2a 1780

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 July 07 20:10 BST (UK) »
Hi, an Amy M Shrimpton married in Maidstone in Q4 1913 (so your Amy would have been 18/19) to a Mr Bush 2a 1780

Charles E Bush
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline SCH

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 July 07 20:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks Toni for that - really appreciate it.

I am however looking for Ash links, not Shrimpton ones.

Amy Shrimpton is probably related back (and down) an earlier generation of Maidstone Shrimpton's.

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 28 July 07 20:32 BST (UK) »
Amy Margaret who married Charles E. Bush was one of Alice Lizzie's many nieces and nephews. She was born in 1891 the daughter of one of Alice's older brothers - James.

Regards

Valda

Offline SCH

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 28 July 07 20:37 BST (UK) »
Out of curiosity Valda, would you think there any Shrimpton's still around the Maidstone area ?

I would imagine, that any Shrimpton's around that area have a 'reasonable' likelyhood of being related to me.................3rd/4th cousin sort of thing ?

It's a long-shot I know, but I might have to go up a Generation to then come down other routes !

Thanks

Simon

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 28 July 07 20:53 BST (UK) »
I think there may be some in the Gravesend/Dartford area. You could check out the local telephone directories.

Regards

Valda