Author Topic: Thorpe  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Nikk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thorpe
« on: Friday 27 July 07 20:36 BST (UK) »
Looking for any info about the Thorpes who ie, Charles Thorpe (1903) my grandad, or his relatives ie, Edward Percy Thorpe, etc.  From the Tilney All Saints to Threekingham area.

Offline GeoffE

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thorpe
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 July 07 21:14 BST (UK) »
Unless you can supply his parents' names, there is little chance of finding the family in the 1901 census.

The two places you mention are about 35 miles apart as the crow flies (TAS is in Norfolk) and there were no THORPES in either place in 1901.

Note to lookers-up: there is a related thread here
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,246945.msg1354201.html#msg1354201
Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.

Offline Nikk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 July 07 22:36 BST (UK) »
I am on holiday at the moment, and have only just been shown this wonderful site.  I have done a little research so far... but will carry on as soon as I get home.

Thank you very much... I will requesting more help (I should imagine) in a few days time!

Offline Nikk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 28 July 07 16:44 BST (UK) »
I have researched a little.  My grandad was 'Charles William Thorpe' born April 6th 1913.  His dad was 'Edward Thorpe' born in 1887 (we think, but could be wrong about this).  His mum was Nellie Esgate, born 1988 in Tilney St Lawrence, but later moving to Wisbech St Peter.  Nellie and Edward definately married in 1909 (Cert. 3b 1290).

But I am having problems finding the correct Edward Thorpe who married Nellie Esgate in 1909.  But I rumours in the family say that Edward borded with the 'Thickpenny's' when he was about 15.