Author Topic: Address Search  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
Re: Address Search
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 July 07 16:25 BST (UK) »
St Mary's starts in Dist 18 - I may be gone for some time ...  ;D
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 July 07 16:32 BST (UK) »
Dist 19 (mixed St Mary & St Peter) - York street, Carver Street, High Court Walk No Dwelling, Chapel Street ...

Dist 20 - St Peter - High Court Yard & High Court Walk no dwelling ...  ???

Dist 21 - St Mary - High Street, Quarrey Hill, Binns Yard within High Court Walk and HC Walk  starting at #19, but only down to #17 - then Carver Street   ???

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 July 07 16:37 BST (UK) »
Squid

Have you found the son on the 1901 census and other close family members and it is just his mother who is missing?
Were the family at the same address on the 1891 census in which case it might be possible to search for neighbours on the 1901 census?
The mother might of course not be at the address given on her son's enlistment  in 1901 - is this a First World War army record or was he a 'professional' soldier?
Have you requested a 1901 census search on Rootschat for the family/mother - with names and details or is this request the 'last throw of the die' because everything else has drawn a blank.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 July 07 16:47 BST (UK) »
Sorry, thats all she wrote Squid .... whats the name anyway ?

Squidward

« Reply #13 on: Saturday 28 July 07 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, Sorry I went to cook dinner.....
  I didn't realise it meant you would have to trawl-sorry, I didn't mean to put you to such trouble  :-[
I didn't want to bother you with her name again-I think I might have drawn a blank with her before and asked for rootschatter help, though I can't find a thread on a quick search. I will try Valda's idea of looking for the neighbours.
He was a professional soldier, I think the record was from 1903, and it is the 1891 address I have for her. All her kids are in seperate places by 1901 her youngest being 16, but with 3 unmarried, so that's why I assumed she'd died.
 Thanks all,
Squid

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 28 July 07 19:19 BST (UK) »
If you supply her name and details I'm sure people will help you with a search.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 29 July 07 09:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Squid, with 6Meg BroadBand its not really a problem, no worries - happy to help.

Ref your PM - once I had found the correct District(s) via the Enumerators Description of his 'walk' thru the district, I then looked thru the actual pages recording the addresses and names ...... its interesting that HC Walk appears split across 3 districts and 2 had 'no dwelling'  recorded other streets in the area had comments like 'House pulled down' ....

I'd say the chap was pretty thorough, and all schedule #s are in sequence, I doubt that he missed any inhabited houses ....

If you want to browse the actual returns, select the 1901 Census, toward the bottom of the page select Yorkshire from the list of Counties, then on the new page of Civil Parishes, click on LEEDS.

Within Leeds there are 4 groups of Districts - select 'NORTH LEEDS'  ... then click on District 18 and upward ...

Hth, N  :)