Author Topic: Bray Parish Records  (Read 16237 times)

Offline ANYAS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bray Parish Records
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 16 August 07 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Abiam,

Afraid not.  I will let you know if I happen upon anything.  My GGF's family came from Rotherfield Peppard and my GM lived in Harpsden (born Maidenhead) so I am often looking at records for Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire.

By the way do you think this is the right George? 

Regards,

ANYAS

Offline Abiam2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 17 August 07 03:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,
 I can't decypher the image myself.  But a contact (made thro Roots chat and another relative of George) thinks it is and she has sent me the relevant page and I am now with aid of magnifying glass trying to find it!
She thinks it is him and it's under GEO Walster!!!!  Just going to put that into Ancestry and see what comes up.

Here in Spain it is 4.15 am but I've just been woken up by a very inconsiderate neighbour!  So what do you do when can't get back to sleep -- look at your emails and cont. searching!

Will let you know tomorrow,
Good night, Abiam

Offline russethouse

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 22 August 07 00:10 BST (UK) »
 Could BW be Bray Wick ? (part of Bray, or next door, not quite sure of its status)

Peppard Chest Hospital has been demolished and the site now has executive homes on it.  I visited it in the early 70s when it was being used as a more of a community hospital

Offline Abiam2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 22 August 07 00:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Russethouse,
Abiam

Offline angie6141

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 23 August 07 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hi B>W>S means Braywoodside
Found a George baptist 25/6/1797 parents James and Mary in Upton Nervet.
have write a lot of bap/marr/deaths in warfield but need to put into a spread sheet as there are so many.

Offline ANYAS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 26 August 07 09:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Abiam,

I have now had an opportunity to look at the 1841 census image and I can see what you mean. I don't think I would have made 'Wise' out of that so well done to the transcriber.  I did check the 1851 census image and it is the same family (although George Senior is by then no longer with us) the image is clear and it does say 'Wise' and same for 1861.  I don't know if you think this is the right George but if you think it is and you intend to start looking in other counties, you might find it helpful to look in the Oxford Marriage Bond Index in the resources board page.  It shows lots of 'Wise' marriages and although they seem to be too early to be of interest, it may give you some leads to parishes that had Wises living in them - just a thought.

You asked me if I knew of anyone that worked in the Peppard T.B. Sanatorium and I said I would look out for anything.  This won't help with actual records but I understand that there was a long illustrated article about the history of the sanatorium in the Henley Standard in May 1998 by Carol Evans .  I don't know if this paper still exists but it may be worth contacting them to see if they keep records of articles, anyway again just a thought.     

Regards,

ANYAS   

Offline russethouse

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 26 August 07 09:59 BST (UK) »
The Henley Standard continues to thrive and I think Carol Evans either still writes for them or has only recently retired........www.henleystandard.co.uk

When you are researching be careful not to get thrown off track by mentions of Borocourt which was close by but an entirely separate type of hospital.

I used to live near there as well, at Wyfold Grange which is down the road which was along side the chest hospital

Offline Abiam2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 28 October 07 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Russethouse, anyas and angie 1614,

I have just been looking thro some of my old posts and there are 3 from you  (late August) that I have never seen!!!  I do apologise for not answering you earlier.  Please accept my apology,
Abiam

Offline Lesanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 27 November 07 22:36 GMT (UK) »
 :D Hello Abiam, Anyas and Russethouse,
Just need Imber for all us 'old maidonians'.

A post to say I have Wise. Have a look at my tree Abiam.

Lesanne.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Berks Bucks Oxon= Norris Coxhead Turner Cox Weston Baston Simpson
Kent= Nicholls Mepstead Watts   Mile End=Craze Wood Bennett
Cork=Howe   NZ=Coxhead   Canada=Fenn Cox Turner