Author Topic: Advice about digital cameras please  (Read 9306 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Advice about digital cameras please
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 19:38 BST (UK) »
Can't wait for my money to come through so I can actually buy it.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

thanks for all the advice and Barbara I hope you get one you like too!  :) :)

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 19:42 BST (UK) »
Tomkin, I was looking at je***ps website, so it would be from a local firm, and they advertise that it's cheaper online than in the shop  ;)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline meles

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 19:47 BST (UK) »
I am an inveterate bargainer (or tight old git...). I found the camera I wanted, looked for it on the internet, then went to a number of high street shops and had a bit of a haggle. Managed to get an even better deal!

You just need to be cheeky!

(OH reading over shoulder says I am not cheeky - just that I have no sense of shame...)

meles
Brock: Alburgh, Norfolk, and after 1850, London; Tooley: Norfolk<br />Grimmer: Norfolk; Grimson: Norfolk<br />Harrison: London; Pollock<br />Dixon: Hampshire; Collins: Middx<br />Jeary: Norfolk; Davison: Norfolk<br />Rogers: London; Bartlett: London<br />Drew: Kent; Alden: Hants<br />Gamble: Yorkshire; Huntingford: East London

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 20:00 BST (UK) »

I would agree with Meles but it's horses for courses. I buy virtually everything
    on the Internet and get some amazing bargains.( I've always found Jessops
    expensive even on the internet. )   Try Amazon.co.uk they are usually very
    reliable and decent on price but you can still find things cheaper than them. It's just
     that you have to be very, very careful about security and also what happens
     if the goods are faulty.

Tomkin ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(OH reading over shoulder says I am not cheeky - just that I have no sense of shame...

Same here and there's Nowt wrong with that. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 20:10 BST (UK) »
Perhaps you two would like to come with me to help me haggle, sounds as if you're very good at it  ::)   ;D ;D

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 20:22 BST (UK) »
Perhaps you two would like to come with me to help me haggle, sounds as if you're very good at it  Roll Eyes   Grin Grin

Sorry Lass, The advice is free but I doubt that you could afford my expenses
    at the local Hostelry :o :o :o :o :o

Tomkin AKA  Tomkin  Mines a Double and keep'em coming ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Friday 07 September 07 07:44 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone - just an update to your help - thank you

My new Canon Powershot S5 arrived was waiting for me this morning at work.  I'm off to play with it now, shame I'm at work!  ::)

I'll post a picture or two later to let you judge for yourselves if it was a good buy!

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline tomkin

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Friday 07 September 07 14:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Kerry,

It's a Canon  and I like Canon. Both my printer and Scanner are Canon.
    My Camera's Aint ;D

I don't think that you can go wrong Gel.

Happy Snapping,

Tomkin ;D ;D ;D

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Friday 07 September 07 14:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks Tomkin

I will now use that as an endorsement - Tomkin said I can't go wrong Gel! ;D ;D ;D

Kerry