Author Topic: 1881/91 Lookup GRAY Kilsyth COMPLETED  (Read 11320 times)

Offline jadewing

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My Grandma Ella Williams 1916
    • View Profile
Re: 1881/91 Lookup GRAY Kilsyth COMPLETED
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 04 August 07 09:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam - always nice to meet a neighbour, so to speak!

Jane
DBY:  Walters. DUR: Dorman, Gowland. DVN:  Berry, Gent, Norman, Reed, Spurrell, Watts.  ESX:  Adams.  NBL:  Fenwick,  Jobson.  NFK:  Dewing, Goss, Herring.  SAL:  Bailey, Ball.  SRY:  Wicks.  SSX:  Baker, French, Pelling/Young, Parlett, Paine.  STS:  Bailey, Hanson, Penn, Radford.  YKS:  Dewing.  NI Co Armagh: Sergeant, Bradford. Wales: Williams, Owens.

Offline crump

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 24 August 07 03:02 BST (UK) »
My great great grandparents were John & Agnes Bow.  I would be interested in exchanging information.

Connie
Laverty - Ireland, Scotland, Canada
Bow - Scotland, Canada
Wiskin - England, Canada

Offline jadewing

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 August 07 05:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Connie

I've been researching this line for a cousin by marriage, who is also a descendant of John & Agnes.  Nita is away for a couple of weeks but if you'd like to send me a pm with your contact details I can share the information I have on the family and put you in touch with Nita on her return.

Cheers, Jane

PS:  Welcome to RootsChat!
DBY:  Walters. DUR: Dorman, Gowland. DVN:  Berry, Gent, Norman, Reed, Spurrell, Watts.  ESX:  Adams.  NBL:  Fenwick,  Jobson.  NFK:  Dewing, Goss, Herring.  SAL:  Bailey, Ball.  SRY:  Wicks.  SSX:  Baker, French, Pelling/Young, Parlett, Paine.  STS:  Bailey, Hanson, Penn, Radford.  YKS:  Dewing.  NI Co Armagh: Sergeant, Bradford. Wales: Williams, Owens.

Offline jadewing

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 24 August 07 15:14 BST (UK) »
For the information of future researchers, Robert Wilson Gray and his wife Jane(nee Bow) and their family migrated to Australia, settling in Brisbane, Queensland. 

They were joined by Jane's niece, Agnes Hollywood (daughter of Elizabeth Bow), who died in Brisbane in 1907 and is buried at Lutwyche cemetery with her cousin Agnes Gould (nee Gray) who died in 1911.

Jane

Offline crump

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 24 August 07 16:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane:
Good to hear from you.  I can be reached at

MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spam and other abuses. Please use personal message system to share email addresses and other personal details. Thank You

Connie
Bow - Scotland, Canada
Wiskin - England, Canada

Offline agasmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 26 April 09 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I've only just found this site while googling John Bow (1835), Kilsyth.

John is my direct Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather.

My name is Adam Smith (1835). My father is Alexander Smith (1949) and my Grandmother was Kathleen White (1922). Her father was John Bow White (1897) and his mother in turn was Mary Bow (1868). Her father was John Bow (1835). Hope all that makes sense.

I've been looking into my family tree for just a couple of months now and it all gets rather confusing at a point but I've used all the UK census information as well as the Scotland Records office registry database so I'm confident it's all correct.

I currently stay in Cumbernauld which is only 5 minutes away from Kilsyth, the hotbed of Bow activity. My next step will be probably to visit the County records office at Kilsyth Library as well as Kilsyth Parish Church and cemetery.

Happy to share information.

Adam

Offline crump

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 26 April 09 01:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Adam:
I would like to share information on your Bow family.  My grandparents were Stewart & Sarah (Bow) Laverty. 
Connie
Bow - Scotland, Canada
Wiskin - England, Canada

Offline agasmith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 27 April 09 18:35 BST (UK) »
The information I've found so far indicates that my GGG Grandfather was John Bow (5 Mar 1835 - 8 Feb 1917), who married Agnes Millar (23 Nov 1834 - 6 Apr 1913).

There's a long line of John Bow's from Kilsyth which ended with my Great-Grandfather who was named John Bow White. At the moment I've traced the Bow's back to 1713 in Stirlingshire.

Working up the chain after my GGG Grandfather (b1835), his father was John Bow (1805-1881), his father was John Bow (b1783), his father was John Bow (1757-1793), and his father again was John bow (1713-1758).

That's as far back as I've gotten so far but I'm not finished yet.

Adam

Offline rexbo3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 17 July 10 04:42 BST (UK) »
Looking for Bow information in Stirlingshire.

Drop a note.

Rex