Author Topic: Marriage of William Nelson and Francis Wilson about 1824  (Read 11438 times)

Offline Les57

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of William Nelson and Francis Wilson about 1824
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 15 November 09 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Katharine, I'm afraid there are no baptismal records in existence going back as far as early 1800. I have access to Presbyterian records for Churches in the Bailieborough area but the baptismal records only commence 1861 and Marriage registers commence 1845. I will find out for you when Methodist records commence and where they can be accessed. Les
http://www.presbyterianireland.org/congregations/bailieboroughtrin.html

Offline eliscartriet

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 April 10 12:32 BST (UK) »
In relation to this I am a descendant from this family and would like some more information on where I fit in to Lord nelson.  I have a book which I beleive was  mary Jane Nelson's. If any one can help me 'fill in the blanks' I would be very grateful. I also have some other family material which I believe could help others.

Cheers

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 20 April 10 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hi. I have sent you a personal message with my email address. I would love to hear from you offline. Look forward to sharing information with you.
Katharine.

Offline RobinB99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Australia | Nelson | Gore | Drabsch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 03 January 12 08:25 GMT (UK) »
Apparently William and Frances are my Gr Gr Gr Gr grandparents.
Information I have is:
Daughters Mary Jane and Sarah May arrived in Australia about 1848/9 on the 'Earl Grey'.
Martha Anne stayed in Ireland.

Sarah May married Richard Gore (also an Irish emmigrant) and had 9 children, most famous
of which were Mary Jane Gore, Martha Ann Gore (my great great grandma), and Wilhelmina. These three sisters made model farm animals out of beeswax and fur, examples are on display in various national Galleries. For example:
http://museumvictoria.com.au/collections/items/411442/cow-model-ayrshire-breed-1879-1944

Any additional information about William Nelson would be appreciated. There is a family legend that he was related to Lord Nelson, but I am thinking that this was fanciful thinking...
NELSON
WILSON
GORE
DRABSCH
CROUCH

Offline Peter15

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 June 15 03:48 BST (UK) »
 :) Hi Katherine and Robin. I am new to this process. My wife and I are currently in Ireland for the next few days and as well as having  a holiday and enjoying the scenery, we have been looking in to the Gore clan. My grandmother was Matilda Florence Gore and together with my cousin we believe we have traced her ancestry back to Richard Gore born May 10 1824 in Duncormick Ireland who married Sarah May Nelson in 1852 as you have recorded.
Two days ago we were in Wexford and we talked to Michael Dempsey at the Wexford County Library. He was able to provide information from the Parish Records that indicated that Richard Gores father was Thomas Gore a Parish Rector in Wexford County in 1806. Thomas was the 3rd son of Richard Gore who was the 3rd son of Sir Ralph Gore (3rd Baronet of Gore)

I am interested in trying to meet up with any of the other descendants of this branch of the family that may still be living in the UK or Ireland while we are over here. Any suggestions that you may have would be appreciated. We are currently in Galway for a few days and will be travelling to Southern England next week.

Our family also has links to the information regarding Lord Nelson as I have just recently been told that my grandmother had many years ago received a bequest from Lord Nelson's estate.

Regards Peter
Gore Drabsch Nelson Braithwate Parkes

Offline Peter15

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 06 June 15 07:55 BST (UK) »
Travelling to Beelleek Castle in County Mayo today. If anyone knows of potential contacts for people with an interest in the Gore or Nelson families back in the early nineteenth century in this area. Advice would be appreciated.

Offline Peter15

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 06 June 15 08:00 BST (UK) »
We will also be travelling to Bailieborough area tomorrow, Sunday 10th of June. Would be interested in any advice or suggestions for this area where we may be able to find out local information for the Gore or Nelson family linkages.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 06 June 15 08:33 BST (UK) »
We will also be travelling to Bailieborough area tomorrow, Sunday 10th of June. Would be interested in any advice or suggestions for this area where we may be able to find out local information for the Gore or Nelson family linkages.

Today's the 6th of June and tomorrow's Sunday the 7th. Easy to lose track of days when travelling  ;D
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Katharine75

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 06 June 15 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter. I will send you an email since you will be going to Bailieborough it may be of interest. Thanks , Katharine.