Author Topic: ARBUCKLE(S) / BLACKADDER  (Read 3566 times)

Offline Sarndra

• RootsChat Senior
  • www.magnaquiestracing.co.nz
    • View Profile
ARBUCKLE(S) / BLACKADDER
« on: Saturday 04 August 07 08:32 BST (UK) »
Seeking contact with others researching this line.  Note that there are quite a few variances of both surnames.  Particularly like more information on James and Eliza. 

1.  James ARBUCKLES born Abt. 1826.  He married Eliza BLACKADDER, (possible parents - William BLACKETER and Jane EVANS).  She was born Abt. 1827.

Marriage Notes for James ARBUCKLES and Eliza BLACKADDER:
There is a James ARBUCKLES listed as married c 1843 Killead, Lisnataylor, Antrim...film 1985488 Church of Latter Day Saints.

Children of James ARBUCKLES and Eliza BLACKADDER are:

1  Robert  ARBUCKLES

2  Agnes (Nancy) ARBUCKLES, born Abt. 1840 in Crumlin, Co Antrim, IRELAND; died 03 Jan 1884 in Killinchy, Canterbury, NEW ZEALAND.  She married Hugh Robert DAVISON Nov 1859 in Muckamore Presby. Church, Shenoagstown,Co Antrim, IRELAND; born 1841 in Co. Antrim, IRELAND; died 30 Sep 1913.

3  James ARBUCKLES, (my G G Grandfather) born Abt. 1846 in Crumlin, Parish of Killead, Co Antrim, IRELAND; died 05 Apr 1923 in Waimate, Sth Canterbury, NEW ZEALAND.  He married Sarah GUEST 28 Nov 1881 in Timaru Registrars Office, Sth Canterbury, NEW ZEALAND; born Abt. 1859 in Crewe (or possibly Altrincham), Cheshire, ENGLAND; died 17 Nov 1930 in Waimate, South Canterbury, NEW ZEALAND.

Cheers

Sarndra
www.sarndra.com
ARBUCKLE; BAILEY; BLACKADDER; BURNS; DARBON/DARBEN; DAVIDSON; ERSKINE; EVANS; GUEST; HANNAH; HAMILTON; HAND; HOLDER; JOHNSTON; KENNEDY; KITCHENER; LAVERIE; LAWSON; LEES;  LEESE; LOAN; LODGE; MACE; MCCOOK; MCGUIRE; MCKAI/MCKAY; MCLEES; PAWSON; RUSS; STEVENSON; TOUGH; VALE; WERT; WHEELER; WORT;

Offline Blackadder

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: ARBUCKLE(S) / BLACKADDER
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 August 07 23:58 BST (UK) »
No info but nice to meet another Blackadder!! ;)

Offline Sarndra

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 August 07 00:20 BST (UK) »
No info but nice to meet another Blackadder!! ;)

*grin* yeah tah...it always gets a laugh out of people :-)

Cheers
Sarndra
www.sarndra.com
ARBUCKLE; BAILEY; BLACKADDER; BURNS; DARBON/DARBEN; DAVIDSON; ERSKINE; EVANS; GUEST; HANNAH; HAMILTON; HAND; HOLDER; JOHNSTON; KENNEDY; KITCHENER; LAVERIE; LAWSON; LEES;  LEESE; LOAN; LODGE; MACE; MCCOOK; MCGUIRE; MCKAI/MCKAY; MCLEES; PAWSON; RUSS; STEVENSON; TOUGH; VALE; WERT; WHEELER; WORT;

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 10:59 BST (UK) »
I know you are Co Antrim , but just to keep up the steam here is a sample from the great Ros Davies Co Down website as she has early as well as later information.. There are more, her material is not to be used commercially.
From freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rosdavies
Mr. . ARBUCKLE . Donaghadee arrested a rapist 2 Nov 1795 NS
Miss Bella ARBUCKLE . Saintfield a National School teacher in 1910 POD
Mrs. Euphemia ARBUCKLE . Donaghadee died 21 Apr 1792 aged 87; buried Donaghadee graveyard MIs
James ARBUCKLE . Donaghadee of Maryvale; born 5 Sep 1734; died 31 Oct 1823; husband of Mary Harding & Sophia (daughter of Earl of Roden); buried Donaghadee graveyard MIs
James ARBUCKLE Esq. Donaghadee harbour commissioner in 1837 V7 p 46 OSM
Lady Sophia ARBUCKLE . Donaghadee of Ballywilliam Cottage in 1824; of Maryvale; died 22 Mar 1826; wife of James; daughter of Earl of Roden; buried Donagadee graveyard POD; MIs
R.Robert BLACKADER . Saintfield of The Lodge; manager of the Belfast Banking Co. Ltd in 1901 POD
There is a history of that bank published
Good luck
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline Sarndra

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 August 07 11:25 BST (UK) »
I know you are Co Antrim , but just to keep up the steam here is a sample from the great Ros Davies Co Down website as she has early as well as later information.. There are more, her material is not to be used commercially.
From freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rosdavies
Mr. . ARBUCKLE . Donaghadee arrested a rapist 2 Nov 1795 NS
Miss Bella ARBUCKLE . Saintfield a National School teacher in 1910 POD
Mrs. Euphemia ARBUCKLE . Donaghadee died 21 Apr 1792 aged 87; buried Donaghadee graveyard MIs
James ARBUCKLE . Donaghadee of Maryvale; born 5 Sep 1734; died 31 Oct 1823; husband of Mary Harding & Sophia (daughter of Earl of Roden); buried Donaghadee graveyard MIs
James ARBUCKLE Esq. Donaghadee harbour commissioner in 1837 V7 p 46 OSM
Lady Sophia ARBUCKLE . Donaghadee of Ballywilliam Cottage in 1824; of Maryvale; died 22 Mar 1826; wife of James; daughter of Earl of Roden; buried Donagadee graveyard POD; MIs
R.Robert BLACKADER . Saintfield of The Lodge; manager of the Belfast Banking Co. Ltd in 1901 POD
There is a history of that bank published
Good luck

Awesome... thanks for that.  It's interesting to note that i've found they aren't uncommon names.  Quite a few Arbuckles where mine came from and quite a few Blackadders around... i'll never give up!

Cheers
Sarndra
www.sarndra.com

Offline wclowater

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 November 20 02:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Just wondering if your date of James Arbuckle is correct, I find there are several James Arbuckle{s} in Antrim county.   I have found on ancestry, in a few trees, that my James is incorrectly listed as being the husband of Eliza BLACKADDER!   I have found Arbuckle to be a hard surname to research, and it is possible that your James and mine are cousins, as it seems they tented to stay in the same area at least for a spell.  Same was true for my James wife Ann Graham, there are a number of Grahams in the Killard area of Antrim

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 November 20 02:46 GMT (UK) »
The most famous Arbuckle ?

Roscoe Conkling Arbuckle, byname Fatty Arbuckle, (born March 24, 1887, Smith Center, Kansas, U.S.—died June 29, 1933, New York

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 08 November 20 02:59 GMT (UK) »
And another Blackadder

The first in a four-series run of historical comedies written by Rowan Atkinson and Richard Curtis, `Black Adder' tells a revisionist tale of events at the end of the British Middle Ages.

Offline Gilby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 15 November 20 17:20 GMT (UK) »
This is not really relevant, but an Isaac Blackadder lived in a cottage on what is now our farm (Ballynure parish) in the late 19th century.  It isn’t a name you come across every day!